Saints are still the #2 see correct?? (1 Viewer)

thenewpac

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
With The Giants losing and all of the remainging teams having the same record, we have the best NFC record at 5-1, that puts at the #2 seed correct??

Technically we are 5th, since Carolina is the division leader with the tiebreaker.

no..i think we are currently the no. 5 seed....Carolina is leading the nfc south, since it beat us, technically it is no.1. Thus, the 4 division leaders are the top 4 seeds automatically, which would make us at best the no. 5 seed

Of note is that we do still control our own destiny for the number 2 seed, since we play Carolina.

It all comes down to winning the division. Bears are 3 games up on everybody since the other winning NFC teams are ALL 6-4, just like us. Of course, we have to finish 1 game ahead of the Panthers OR tie them by beating in the last game of the season while posting a better record against our NFC opponents to win our division. Otherwise, we'll be the 5 seed at best.
First, of course, we HAVE to beat the Roadkill or we may be looking at missing the playoffs period.

Of note is that we do still control our own destiny for the number 2 seed, since we play Carolina.

You are correct. If we win the rest of our games we would, at worst, be the number 2 seed assuming Chicago doesn't totally collapse. We're 5-1 in conference play, all the other NFC teams have 2 or more conference losses except for Chicago so if we win out we'll have the tie breaker with any team we don't play head to head. We also play Dallas and the Giants so if we win out we'll have tie breakers over them and if we beat Carolina we would have split but we'll have a better record then them if both the Panther and Saints win out until the season finale.

THAT is the thing i doubt the team will win sunday mike vick will be looking to get back own track with the D being as soft as it is they will make FLACONS look like a playoff cailber team just like they did against PITT BEANGLES none of those teams were doing a darn thing own offense side of ball until they played saints

THAT is the thing i doubt the team will win sunday mike vick will be looking to get back own track with the D being as soft as it is they will make FLACONS look like a playoff cailber team just like they did against PITT BEANGLES none of those teams were doing a darn thing own offense side of ball until they played saints

You can say the same thing about the saints and Drew brees. Brees will be looking to get back to probowl form after sundays performance. The way atlanta is letting teams like the browns and lions score on them, the the saints will look like a playoff caliber team just like the lions and browns did.

Our defense is not as bad as people think IF the offense plays the way they are suppose to. Against Pittsburgh special teams and turnovers gave the Steelers a short field to work with. You can't put your defens in those situations. Against the Bengals, the defense held their powerful offense to only 10 points until about halfway through the fourth quarter. Unfortunately our offense threw away at least 14 points with turnovers in the endzone. We could have easily been winning that game 24-10 in the fourth quarter.

Our defense isn't great but its not as horrible as people make it out to be. We just don't have a defense that will win games for us by themselves like Chicago has. As long as the offense and special teams can do their jobs our defense will hold up.

NO i will not agree with that they will be going to ATL you know like know they will play saints hard then they did the none division teams if you think that after the way they played D sunday against the beangles you are fooling your self thinking they are going to beat the FALCONS

Our defense is not as bad as people think IF the offense plays the way they are suppose to. Against Pittsburgh special teams and turnovers gave the Steelers a short field to work with. You can't put your defens in those situations. Against the Bengals, the defense held their powerful offense to only 10 points until about halfway through the fourth quarter. Unfortunately our offense threw away at least 14 points with turnovers in the endzone. We could have easily been winning that game 24-10 in the fourth quarter.

Our defense isn't great but its not as horrible as people make it out to be. We just don't have a defense that will win games for us by themselves like Chicago has. As long as the offense and special teams can do their jobs our defense will hold up.

+1

for some reason everyone wants to blame the defense, i guess cause they love drew brees too much and don't want to hurt his feelings

NO i will not agree with that they will be going to ATL you know like know they will play saints hard then they did the none division teams if you think that after the way they played D sunday against the beangles you are fooling your self thinking they are going to beat the FALCONS

your sentence doesn't make sense, write it again so we can understand what your trying to say. The way they played D vs the bengals? The score was 10-7 going into the fourth quarter my friend. Our D was excellent. The offense turned the ball over 3 times in Cincy territory in the 2nd quarter including 2 brees INT's inside the 20. Brees also gave the bengals 7 points in the 4th when we could have gotton within 7. Our defense will play fine. They played fine for 3 quarters and just as long as our offense doesn't throw away the game again, we'll have a chance to win.

:selefant: ummm....ok.

You are a falcon fan I guess? Because looking at both teams neither has played really good these past couple of weeks and both will be looking to get back on track.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom