Saints are the better team (1 Viewer)

49ers kilt Saints on trick plays and misdirection plays. D thinking play going one way end up on the other side of field. Saints defense got torched. The better team won today. Will be a different story next time. Saints know what to expect. CGJ penalties really hurt along with AK fumble. Both was huge turning points for 9ers.

Saints are a GREAT team. We lost a key component to our gameplan and kept it moving.
Today, the 49ers were better.

9er fans thought they were gonna come n punk us. I'm glad we kept their buttholes tight. With less mishaps, we can take this team in SF. We've learned this much

This team isn’t capable of no mishaps. They are a low IQ defense. Lots of athletic talent, zero smarts backing it up.

armchair qb.. we beat seahawks, seahawks beat 9ers, 9ers beat saints.. even steven... coin flip

Really? Even with SP silly decisions and bad calls from the refs to help drives?
Well, they didn't make so many silly decisions and bad calls, so they were better today.

Yet AGAIN under a minute to seal a game 4th and 2 and this DC failed and called a scheme that was abused, and then Williams again a liability. Can't protect the endzone with a minute left.

Happens too much. Serious flaw.

Mistakes killed us. Huge plays by the 9ners caused by the saints errors.

I’m really looking forward to a rematch with the 9ners. Our “bad offense” just put up a 40 on the best defense in the league. That was a very entertaining game.

not to mention a few HUGE injuries hurt us terribly.
cook / LBers
I completely disagree. They are an up and coming team with a smart, aggressive coach. Defense is aggressive as well. This was like an NFC title game.

49ers kilt Saints on trick plays and misdirection plays. D thinking play going one way end up on the other side of field. Saints defense got torched. The better team won today. Will be a different story next time. Saints know what to expect. CGJ penalties really hurt along with AK fumble. Both was huge turning points for 9ers.
Injuries with Klein and Kiko hurt on those plays. I think the teams are evenly matched. They got it this time, we will likely see them again in the Play Offs. It is tough to beat the same team twice in regular season and post season. It is possible SF goes one and done in the Play Offs. THey are a young team and chances are Seattle or the Vikings will be coming to visit them in the first round.

Silly mistakes are part of what makes a team good - our biggest problem this season is and continues to be focus and discipline. In the end it will make you pay at some point today it did. So in answer at the moment they are better. We had opportunities to take control of this game but never did, and made crucial mistakes on both sides of the ball.

So Robbie Gould shanks that last FG, and that would’ve made the Saints the better team?

Nah. The two squads are evenly matched. I can’t say one is conclusively better than the other. The 49ers, of course, got the win. But it ain’t the playoffs yet. They didn’t eliminate anybody.

Agreed....2 things that we need to keep an eye on though....

Marcus Williams was absolutely horrible today, I hope it is an aberration but some of the mistakes he made to today were damn near inexcusable....Eli Apple as well....and if Dennis Allen can't figure a way for our defense to stop a misdirection play then well....just like the last few games we are going to see a whole lot more of them....

Still can't quite understand why no flag on the fake punt, also can't understand not challenging it, it was clear PI...maybe SP's thought was, when they don't reverse the call, he doesn't want the fans storming the field going after the refs??????

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom