Saints are the better team (1 Viewer)

Line these two teams up tomorrow and play another game. You DON’T know who will win it...

These two teams can go either way. There are good take aways from this match today.

I’m happy to see we STILL have all the aggression needed to score when we need it, against a strong team like that.

I have to agree with this.

Drew Brees completely embarrassed the #1 defense in the league today. That's the strength of their team. Drew just put the blueprint out for how you beat them.

Our defense struggled because we had to rely on guys who were starters on the statistically worst defense in NFL history. And they still needed the ref intervention to win.

If I'm the Saints I'm frustrated but overall encouraged.

If I'm the 9ers I'm relieved but worried.

One thing is for sure, Brees still has it. I mean five TD's and 0 INT? Clutch drive in last 2 minutes of game? Dude looks WAY better than Brady at this point in their careers.
This is exactly what I wanted to see from Brees and the whole team. Sucks we lost, but it feels good to see that our team can score fast when their backs are to the wall

What I don't get on that fake punt - since when is HOLDING not a foul, even on a fake punt. I always thought obvious holding was flagged in any phase or play in a game.
That's exactly what SP was calling for from the refs. And Dean brushed it off in regards to being holding deflecting back to the fact that PI couldn't be called on a punt. Irked me beyond belief that they just sidestepped the actual penalty and said it was called correctly on the field.

Mistakes killed us. Huge plays by the 9ners caused by the saints errors.

I’m really looking forward to a rematch with the 9ners. Our “bad offense” just put up a 40 on the best defense in the league. That was a very entertaining game.

not to mention a few HUGE injuries hurt us terribly.
cook / LBers

Scheme and prep, it happens. If anything you got lucky catching the 49ers in an off week defensively. I doubt that will happen again.

Complain about injuries all you want, every team has them.

Nowhere close.

49ers were running wide open all day.

This was our shot to get homefield and mask some of the issues this team has. We have it away.

We loss, the losing team is never better. All we can hope for is a rematch.

Scheme and prep, it happens. If anything you got lucky catching the 49ers in an off week defensively. I doubt that will happen again.

Complain about injuries all you want, every team has them.
Lucky? No you just played Drew Brees.

there are injuries and then there are critical injuries. Imagine if kittle was out... exactly

that was our Jared cook

No. I think the best team won today.

Me too. Barely better imo. If we get a bounce or two we beat em today and we can beat anybody I think. I also think aside from the NFC team that gets into the playoffs...that we can lose to any of em.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom