Saints ARE the NFC Champions (1 Viewer)

Twenty6

Rookie
Reaction score
I think what’s surprising me a little is how some fans in general are responding to our loss. A lot of people are saying it’s because of bounty gate, just kinda goes to show how people will never move on from that... that is what they’ll always remember us for.

Thanks again Greg Williams.

I don’t know what to say. It just doesn’t feel authentic. The world just watched the nfl hand pick who they wanted to win... most of the nation will say a few words around the water cooler today, they’ll chuckle... then they’ll talk about who will win the super bowl... we are the ones trying to make some sense out of something that shouldn’t make any sense at all.

ChaChingBaby

Banned
Reaction score
Now that you mention it, at the start of next season we should hang up an NFC Champions banner from the rafters. Send a message to the league that our team rightfully won, and that it's something that we will never forget. Petitions won't work for overturning the outcome of the game. But maybe we could start a movement to just say screw the league and put up a banner anyway? Is there a rule preventing this from happening?
No. The Colts hung up an "AFC Finalist" banner back in 2015 as the result of their anger over the stupid Deflategate scandal. It became a meme and people still laugh hysterically at that stupid banner they hung up.

If the Patriots beat the Rams, we might've been saved from future heartbreak in the big game. After how the offense played in 2 playoff games, I'm not 100% convinced we would've won it all. The non-call was huge, but I just can't ignore how this offense steadily declined the past month and a half.

DaveXA

I love the Lord!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
No. The Colts hung up an "AFC Finalist" banner back in 2015 as the result of their anger over the stupid Deflategate scandal. It became a meme and people still laugh hysterically at that stupid banner they hung up.

If the Patriots beat the Rams, we might've been saved from future heartbreak in the big game. After how the offense played in 2 playoff games, I'm not 100% convinced we would've won it all. The non-call was huge, but I just can't ignore how this offense steadily declined the past month and a half.
To be fair, the offense lost a lot when Hill went out with a concussion. We were down to Arnold at TE. If we had Hill and Watson healthy, I have no doubt we win by 2 scores. When you lose Kirkwood, Hill and Watson, that changes things quite a bit. Regardless, we did enough to put ourselves in position to win the game and it was stolen from us, literally. Whether it's incompetency, conspiracy or at least 2 officials gone rogue doesn't matter. The final outcome wasn't legitimate. I belive Brees vs Brady would have been a great game and the Saints would have been the favorites to win that matchup.

OutlawSaint

formerly SeLuSaint
Reaction score
Where can we pass interference against Africa so we can get our NFC Champion shirts? Surely no penalty will be called on us for robbing them of their free shirts.

VPCajun

SR is my life!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I think what’s surprising me a little is how some fans in general are responding to our loss. A lot of people are saying it’s because of bounty gate, just kinda goes to show how people will never move on from that... that is what they’ll always remember us for.

Thanks again Greg Williams.

I don’t know what to say. It just doesn’t feel authentic. The world just watched the nfl hand pick who they wanted to win... most of the nation will say a few words around the water cooler today, they’ll chuckle... then they’ll talk about who will win the super bowl... we are the ones trying to make some sense out of something that shouldn’t make any sense at all.
And right on cue - Frank Isola on ATH essentially said it was Just Desserts considering what the Saints did to Favre in the 09 NFCC game and that was part of BOUNTYGATE!

(And he got 2 points for that!)

Democrats are correct - you say the lie loud enough and often enough, it never dies!

St.Gonzo

TWO DAT!
Reaction score
I was thinking maybe the NFL would declare us Co-Champions, but then again we are not UCF and the Rams don’t deserve to be the co-champion.

Humperdoo

New Orleans Saints 2018 NFC Champs.
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score

They did decline, direct correlation to when our o line got hurt.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)