Article Saints Assistants that May Become Head Coaches in the Future (1 Viewer)

DerrickB

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Approved Blogger
Reaction score
One of the main factors in the New Orleans Saints turnaround over the last two seasons is their coaching staff. After the 2016 season, the front office got rid off five of Sean Payton’s assistants after the team had posted three consecutive 7-9 seasons. The following year the team won the NFC South title and advanced to the divisional round of the playoffs.

Saints Assistants that May Become Head Coaches in the Future

I don't know about Allen and Nolan. People will look back at their previous time as a HC and be hesitant. I don't think people view Carmichael as HC material. He certainly has the credentials as his multiple interviews prove. I think it's a personality thing.

some people are just co-ordinators. maybe they realize that and is willing to be part of a winning program.

1562610248917.png

Unless any of our coaches have the remotest of connections to wunderkind Sean McVay (aka "the elf"), they don't stand a chance at a head coaching job.

How can they leave Ryan Nielsen off the list (of the future)?

Dude is dope (in a good way) as a coach, understands overall strategies, concepts and fundamentals to the N-th degree, and relates well to his players.

Nielsen is a rising star... but I hope we can keep him a few more years.

:gosaints:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom