Saints at Baltimore pre-season August 13 -- anyone going? (1 Viewer)

SaintJ

hard, pipe-hittin'
Approved Blogger
Reaction score
Zatz?

MDTerps?

Bueller? Bueller?

I'm going. I’ll be taking my son to his first Saints game, albeit a pre-season game. And yes, I will be wearing my #37 Steve Gleason jersey proudly. My son is worried about wearing Saints colors in Baltimore for a few reasons: 1.) Baltimore fans are rabid and 2.) Opposing team colors are a target. I told him not to worry because it’s a preseason game and most if not all real NFL/sports fans know of or have heard of Steve Gleason.

I was at the Saints/Ravens regular season game in 2010, with my sons then 11 and 8. We wore Saints hats, and jerseys although you couldn't see them under the coats, although we did open the coats up.

I'd say we were fine. The people around us were happy to talk to us, even though we were in the upper deck (this would have been insanity in the old Vet in Philly). A couple of knuckleheads gave us a little ****, but most of the people around us assured us that as long as it wasn't a Steelers game, we'd be fine.

Besides, it's pre-season.

I've done Giants stadium and the Linc; the only place I won't go back to with my kids is FedEx field.

Actually, that 11-year-old is now 16 and 6-2, 185.....

I'm going. I’ll be taking my son to his first Saints game, albeit a pre-season game. And yes, I will be wearing my #37 Steve Gleason jersey proudly. My son is worried about wearing Saints colors in Baltimore for a few reasons: 1.) Baltimore fans are rabid and 2.) Opposing team colors are a target. I told him not to worry because it’s a preseason game and most if not all real NFL/sports fans know of or have heard of Steve Gleason.

You'll be fine. Now if you were to wear Steelers colors...

Ravens fans will be cool because they won the Superbowl in New Orleans and it's a non-conference pre-season game. :)

the only place I won't go back to with my kids is FedEx field.

Ah yes. FedEx Field. It is definitely hit or miss. I've had no problems there but one group in particular makes the trip um, interesting. The Dead Tree Crew. Now, I don't know if they are still there but they made it a less than pleasant experience for visiting fans. I'll give them credit as they are rabid Redskins fans but they were pretty tough on visiting fans.

Saintmdterps and I went in November of 2009 when the Saints sealed the NFC South crown and everyone there was fine.

'Course, we left before one of the greatest comebacks in NFL history but that's a whole other conversation.

Yeah, I think I will need to make FedEx this year.

I just found out I'm flying to DC on the morning of the 13th for work , so I'll be going . I figure it should be fairly easy to get a ticket .

Ah yes. FedEx Field. It is definitely hit or miss. I've had no problems there but one group in particular makes the trip um, interesting. The Dead Tree Crew. Now, I don't know if they are still there but they made it a less than pleasant experience for visiting fans. I'll give them credit as they are rabid Redskins fans but they were pretty tough on visiting fans.

Saintmdterps and I went in November of 2009 when the Saints sealed the NFC South crown and everyone there was fine.

'Course, we left before one of the greatest comebacks in NFL history but that's a whole other conversation.

Adam they were also fine because there were about 20,000 Saints fans, and for the most part we were louder than the 'skins fans :hihi:

would like to meet someone going

Amused.... I plan on getting a ticket at the gat. I found tickets for 50 each right behind the Saint bench but had no one to go with me, so I think I will get one out front.

Sections 150, 151, 152, 153,100,101,102, 103 are all lowers behind the bench . I think I will go to the gates for those areas to try and buy a ticket that I can get in there.

Anyone want to hook up PM me for a number

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom