Saints Saints at Raiders do you think N.O will cover the point spread? (1 Viewer)

Do you think the Saints will cover the point spread?

• Yes

Votes: 62 71.3%
  • No

Votes: 13 14.9%
  • Tacoes

Votes: 12 13.8%

• Total voters

jasonsw

VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Right now N.O is a 5.5 favorite. Seems a little low. Depending on M.Ts health it is bound to change.

I believe they will cover. Saints are .500 all time against the Raiders. Last game was a loss in 2016 to Jack Del Rio. That was a pretty horrific team. Brees has historically done well against them. I don’t see Gruden putting up 30 points here and that is what it would take to beat NO. Saints cover.

Jacobs is most of their offense so he is the key. They showed little to no pass rush and the coverage was bad. Saints offense should move the ball. It’s hard to say if Carr is effective because he felt little pressure. Gruden said today he will not replace Carr at QB. That seems like a terrible thing to have to say after game 1.

Last edited:
I predict Jacobs breaks the Saints streak of not allowing a 100yd rusher.
He may have 30 carries for 100 yds exactly, but he is their offense.

Saints should win though by 10 or more

I predict Jacobs breaks the Saints streak of not allowing a 100yd rusher.
He may have 30 carries for 100 yds exactly, but he is their offense.

Saints should win though by 10 or more
Saints usually do a good job of taking away the primary threat. Someone else is going to have to beat us.

Saints usually do a good job of taking away the primary threat. Someone else is going to have to beat us.
There is a lot more than Josh Jacobs to the Raider offense . Raiders offense line is one of the best in the NFL.( going to be nice matchup Monday as Saints defense line is clearly very good) Te Darren Waller is definitely someone the Saints better account for.( easily a top five Te). If the Raiders wanted they could easily have put up 500 yard passing on the panthers secondary.
They just were content to pound the rock, and JMO not show the Saints too much.
Raiders start two rookie Wr Henry Ruggs- and B Edwards ( was most impressive player in camp who only saw one ball thrown his way Sunday.( let’s see if thats the case Monday). All the Raiders Rbs, and tight ends are all threats in the passing game.
Raiders are going to score points- say 28. Can they hold the Saints below that Is the question.

There is a lot more than Josh Jacobs to the Raider offense . Raiders offense line is one of the best in the NFL.( going to be nice matchup Monday as Saints defense line is clearly very good) Te Darren Waller is definitely someone the Saints better account for.( easily a top five Te). If the Raiders wanted they could easily have put up 500 yard passing on the panthers secondary.
Raiders start two rookie Wr Henry Ruggs- and B Edwards ( was most impressive player in camp who only saw one ball thrown his way Sunday.( let’s see if thats the case Monday). All the Raiders Rbs, and tight ends are all threats in the passing game.
Raiders are going to score points- say 28. Can they hold the Saints below that Is the question.
I saw you post this in another thread. I think Gruden has done a good job rebuilding the line but it has a weak link. Brown is a liability at RT. He’s out and so is the backup. 3rd string is Good who is a natural guard and will face Cam Jordan. The interior is excellent and they are all big but I like the Saints against this lumbering line. Ruggs came back into the game despite injury but wasn’t targeted so that’s interesting.

Panthers are really bad so I wouldn’t crown the Raiders offense too quickly. They lost a LB to a pectoral tear and they struggled to generate any pass rush. I like Brees/Payton against the Raiders defense.

so it’s your contention that the Raiders are so good that they held back from just throttling the Panthers so their next opponent Wouldn’t have as much film???

You do realize the Raiders are a losing team with 7-9 record and has averaged 5 (and change) wins a season over the previous 3 seasons???

You realize how absurd that comment was. Highly unlikely they were holding anything g back.

Last edited:
The running game is what the Raiders have. Gruden is going to run the ball until you make him stop. I don’t think he was holding back on plays but rather going with what works and the Panthers were really soft up the middle. I mean Panthers were horrifically bad stopping the run. So was it Raiders are good or is it Panthers are bad. It’s kinda both. Raiders have a big line and an excellent RB. We have to stop that and make them throw. We may see some injuries in this game. That’s my concern.

Trident and Payton are buddies. There's no one in this world a guy likes to beat more than a buddy. It provides years of one liners. I look for SP to be on his A game for this one....unlike this week. He will out coach Gruden and lay points on him. We're a vastly deeper and more talented team. I see a 14-17 point win minimum.

Not sure. I know no fans for there first home gm but they will be amped to play

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom