Saints averaged a whopping 4.31 yards of separation on targeted passes (1 Viewer)

The media loved the QB’s you listed above. They also have always been reluctant on Drew bc of his lack of tangibles….while I’d argue he deserves more credit bc of what he accomplished without the same tangibles as the QB’s listed above.

I think they’re waiting for a reason to discredit what he’s done. If Jameis plays great, this will be their opportunity to say it was more system than Brees’ talent….it’ll be especially easy bc a lot of the media also likes to mock Jameis and won’t want to give him his credit, if deserved.

Itll suck having to hear it, but I think we will have to hear it.
Fair point. Sounds like we both HOPE you're wrong, though...

It's like the nonsense about Belichick's success being because of Brady. They complemented the hell out of each other. Same for Brees and Payton. Belichick was best with Brady, no doubt, but he also had a great season with Matt Cassell who wasn't very good with KC.

Yup, another reason I don't listen to the morons on the so-called "football" shows....they all complement each other players/coaches, QB's/WR's....I remember years ago folks saying Colston wouldn't be good without Brees.....total BS....they complemented each other....

I love DB, he is a 1st ballot HOFer who should have had multiple MVPs and another SB chance. But what SP and Jamies turn into has nothing to do with Brees legacy. Actually it should be a positive for Brees legacy because he helped in the process of developing today's Jamies....all the other noise is total BS to me....

The fact that Drew Brees statistically played his best football the last 3 years is beyond remarkable given his absence of a threat of the deep ball.

He had a QB Rating of 113 between 2018-2020. It's the greatest 3-year run of any quarterback in NFL history. His career QB rating was 97 up to that point.

That's mind blowing.
That's the "I'm playing with one of the greatest possession receivers of all time effect". MT, while being a giant diva, is probably the best possession receiver since Jerry Rice and he was receiving balls from quite possibly the most accurate QB of all time. I'd like to see Bree's QB rating with and without MT in the last 4 years..

That's the "I'm playing with one of the greatest possession receivers of all time effect". MT, while being a giant diva, is probably the best possession receiver since Jerry Rice and he was receiving balls from quite possibly the most accurate QB of all time. I'd like to see Bree's QB rating with and without MT in the last 4 years..
I did the QB rating for passes to Michael Thomas since he's been in the league (I assumed 5 interceptions on MT targeted passes, that number is likely between 3-6).

The QB rating is 115.56.

Just to give you an idea of the impact of Interceptions, reducing that number to 3 only bumps the QB rating to 116.83.

So the QB rating is definitely a bit higher on MT13 targeted passes, but not as significant a difference as one might think.

I did the QB rating for passes to Michael Thomas since he's been in the league (I assumed 5 interceptions on MT targeted passes, that number is likely between 3-6).

The QB rating is 115.56.

Just to give you an idea of the impact of Interceptions, reducing that number to 3 only bumps the QB rating to 116.83.

So the QB rating is definitely a bit higher on MT13 targeted passes, but not as significant a difference as one might think.

What was his QB rating to everyone else excluding MT thrown passes over the same period?

Translation - too bad we didn't hire Jeff Ireland 10 years earlier....

Yeah, it's almost if they actually practiced high pointing throws/catches in the offseason....or something.
Lol, yeah I think they have!

When it comes to deep ball “speed”, obviously, Deonte is the best at it!

But you don’t have to have “deep ball speed” to be a “deep ball threat”. I was at the Jags game, n saw Callaway make both his TD catches. IMO, Quez is no “burner”, n didn’t have much separation. However, he showed great hands n concentration on da ball. But, in college, he consistently displayed the ability to high point deep passes!

Along with Callaway at 6’2”, Lil Jordan n Juwan are 6’4”, n Trautman is 6’5”. Lil Jordan made a few high point catches in preseason, n we jus saw Juwan do it last week. Once he settles down, I look for Trout to do the same.

Sean Payton is always looking for a mismatch that he can exploit. As the season progresses, he will “green light” Jameis on deep throws, even against tight coverage, where he feels his receivers can make the back shoulder and/or the 50/50 high point catch!

We’ll see!

👍🏽👍🏽👍🏽

What was his QB rating to everyone else excluding MT thrown passes over the same period?
During the 3 year run where Drew averaged 113 QB Rating, his average would have been roughly 111-112 to anyone not named Michael Thomas.

So very little difference.

During the 3 year run where Drew averaged 113 QB Rating, his average would have been roughly 111-112 to anyone not named Michael Thomas.

So very little difference.

I don't see how that's possible, I remember the broadcasters discussing how he had a 89% completion rate to MT. It would seem like his completion rate to everyone else would need to be sub 66% to achieve his 70% average. Maybe the QB rating is somehow hiding the true results because MT was getting fewer red zone looks due to double teams?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom