Saints averaged a whopping 4.31 yards of separation on targeted passes (1 Viewer)

LOL indeed. I think the Saints coaching staff knew all along what we had in Calloway and Harris. I honestly hope we can find another return guy because I think Harris is becoming to valuable as a WR to return kicks/punts....

It could come as early as this Sunday if Carolina loads up the box to stop the run.....
Antonio Brown managed to still remain the Steelers return guy well into being a premier WR. It’s hard to replace an All Pro returner, but I do understand why you would want to lessen the chance of his getting injured by decreasing his exposure to punt coverage blocks.

Antonio Brown managed to still remain the Steelers return guy well into being a premier WR. It’s hard to replace an All Pro returner, but I do understand why you would want to lessen the chance of his getting injured by decreasing his exposure to punt coverage blocks.
I think he stays at PR, simply cause he’s one of the best in da game! 👍🏽

That said, I think there will be differences in how he is used on O this year. I don’t think he’ll be used as much on end arounds, or those short hitch passes at or near the line. These are da kinda plays can result in taking big shots, esp from pursuing LBs!

With Winston’s big arm combined with his speed, I look for Deonte to attack more downfield, on intermediate/ deep routes, like the ones he ran vs GB. His first catch was on a deep out. He looked like he was goin deep, but broke it off for an easy catch. His second catch sent the message that the deep ball is back in play for us. But these are also the types of plays that lessenthe chances of Deonte taking big shots from defenders.

Again, it’s not to say Deonte won’t be targeted on short passes. In the preseason game vs the Jags, Winston said his worst pass was to Deonte on a slant. His pass was low, n Harris had to adjust to make the catch. But there was enough space from defenders that had he hit him in stride, it might’ve been a big gainer!

Jus my 2 cents, but we’ll see how things go as the season unfolds!

👍🏽👍🏽👍🏽

Trautman really only dropped 1 pass. The other you’re referring to was too far in front of him. I think he might’ve gotten his fingers on it, but I think it was almost uncatchable.
Trautman had 3 catches on 6 targets. You might be thinking of the third miss because he definitely dropped two passes that hit him in stride right in the hands.

One was on a crossing route around the 10 yard line or so of the Packers. He was wide open and had room to keep running and just dropped it.

The second was on a third and long. The ball again hit him right in the hands in stride, but he started bobbling the ball. When the defender closed the gap and wrapped him up is when he dropped it. It was short of a first down so really didn’t matter, but it was an easy catch to make and he got ahead of himself trying to turn upfield before securing the catch.

If Jamies balls out, everyone needs to be prepared that this will be the narrative in the media and Brees’ rep will absolutely take a hit.

Prepared for Brees' rep to take a hit? What is this absolute nonsense. Brees is a 1st ballot HOFer and one of the best QB's to ever play the game. Whatever Jamies does with SP has nothing to do with that, unless you pay attention to idiots like the guy you quoted who deserves no attention at all....

Prepared for Brees' rep to take a hit? What is this absolute nonsense. Brees is a 1st ballot HOFer and one of the best QB's to ever play the game. Whatever Jamies does with SP has nothing to do with that, unless you pay attention to idiots like the guy you quoted who deserves no attention at all....

I think they are getting at the idea that Drew created Sean. Over the last 4 years, we've seen proof that Sean can win with anybody given the defense is up to the task.

I think they are getting at the idea that Drew created Sean. Over the last 4 years, we've seen proof that Sean can win with anybody given the defense is up to the task.

I really don't care one way or another, they made each other. As I hope SP and Jamies do as well....this is just the type of BS that the staged actors like to spout to rile folks up....they don't know enough about football to do any meaningful analysis, so they are all "entertainers" now....

If Jamies balls out, everyone needs to be prepared that this will be the narrative in the media and Brees’ rep will absolutely take a hit.
Maybe.

But Montana's rep didn't suffer when Steve Young balled. Favre's rep didn't take a hit when Rodgers balled. Manning's rep wasn't diminished when Luck balled. So I kinda doubt Brees' rep will take a hit if JW2 balls out. Maybe....but history says its not likely.

And now you're putting stock in what Skip Bayless says?
No...he is a clown. But I think people are beginning to see how important Sean is, to our success, and if Jameis wins 2 to 3 chips, this will absolutely be thing. This other QBs who were succeeded didnt win more chips than the person they supplanted. But, make no mistake....Romo was nothing before Sean and Jameis is already a different QB.

does anyone have the numbers our D gave to the packers in week 1?

It felt like our guys stuck to their WRs like tar

No...he is a clown. But I think people are beginning to see how important Sean is, to our success, and if Jameis wins 2 to 3 chips, this will absolutely be thing. This other QBs who were succeeded didnt win more chips than the person they supplanted. But, make no mistake....Romo was nothing before Sean and Jameis is already a different QB.
Yes Skip is a clown. And if Jameis can continue what he did on Sunday then yes, Sean is a lock for the Hall of Fame. I will reserve judgment until Winston finishes a full season in the black and gold. The big knock on him in Tampa was that he would look like a hall of famer one week...then a scrub the next. Only time will tell.

Maybe.

But Montana's rep didn't suffer when Steve Young balled. Favre's rep didn't take a hit when Rodgers balled. Manning's rep wasn't diminished when Luck balled. So I kinda doubt Brees' rep will take a hit if JW2 balls out. Maybe....but history says its not likely.
Dunno - it seems that Brees haters from the getgo have made up any and all excuses to diminish his accomplishments.

Look at his number of MVP's...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom