Saints back in Jackson! (1 Viewer)

Tony in Brandon

A Hotty Toddy Saints Fan!
Reaction score
Mickey Loomis is on 620 AM doing an interview. While he said that he could not confirm it, "the Saints will be in Jackson again. We'll be there."

I'll update what other useful stuff he gives.

OP
Tony in Brandon

Tony in Brandon

Reaction score
- good pub going to Europe to play, but it's tough losing a home game (yada yada yada) but get to promote New Orleans back to Europeans
- Coveted Vilma in 2004, but unable to move up to get him. Wasn't as effective after defensive scheme change in NY. Felt like it was a good opportunity.
- Dan Morgan is also effective when on the field but hasn't been able to stay healthy. Hopes change of scenery will help him.
- Randall Gay is in the competition to start, nothing is locked up, only favorites (laughing). came from successful programs. he's a winner.
- 1st part of off-season is free agency. fill major holes. draft serves to take best player available (their approach). Perfect world is a defensive player, depending on who's there. A lot of really good D players there, but won't rule out an O player if it's one of their top 2 or 3.
- Coaches are out at workouts now looking at seniors. When they are done, they will go through every player. Board is already set by grade. But movement will take place due to scenarios and evaluation. 10 is easier than 20 or 25 (location of pick).
- Likes the shortening of the 1st round. He would prefer to do all 7 rounds in one day (that would be a lot, my words). Thinks draft is really deep in OL and RB. Cannot put a grade on quality of the players in the draft.
- Reggie is not viewed as a bust. Unrealistic expectations. Not expected to be the power running back. Did expect what they have gotten, doing many different things. Stated had 2nd most # of receptions in history of the league for a 1st and 2nd year player.
- Deuce is being re-assessed for health reasons over next 30 days. Expects him to suit up for Saints in the opener.
- Meachem (spelling) was unfortunate victim of knee injury which was underestimated by the Saints staff. He was behind by 2 or 3 months after having his knee scoped and unable to catch up. Last half of season saw what they expected of him in practice. "Sky's the limit" very determined. expecting good things
- Filled out his bracket yesterday. Going with Kansas to win it all. Has a poor history

there ya go.

Jtek74

saints2dashow
Reaction score
Awesome

Thank you from all of us not able to listen!! Got chills when I read about Duece!! I hope and pray to GOD allmighty that we get Duece back healthy this year. Like Benson, I too expect very big things out of Meachum this year.
Thanks again Tony!

Frank The Rat

Official SR twitter team
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks for the recap. I am looking forward to another trip to Jackson this Summer. Plan on hopefully spending more then just the 2 days that I spent last time.

Speedy Ronzales

Very Banned
Reaction score
does anyone know the dates for jackson so i can start booking my room

Dan in Lafayette

Staff member
Administrator
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks for the summary, Tony. I am glad he finally admitted that they "underestimated" Meachem's knee injury. Knowing what they know now, he probably would not have been the pick. They should have known the severity of his knee problem before the draft.

gregh

The Real Deal
Reaction score
Mickey Loomis is on 620 AM doing an interview. While he said that he could not confirm it, "the Saints will be in Jackson again. We'll be there."

I'll update what other useful stuff he gives.
great, we will never get to go down there. i wish they would come back to LA. i wish they would practice ay UL in lafayette for a year...

mvtrucking

Administrator
Administrator
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks Tony on the recap. I am also thinking of coming over for about a week with my sons for a good look at the team.

OP
Tony in Brandon

Tony in Brandon

Reaction score
Left this part out accidentally. Mickey said that Reggie is in town, participating in the off season workout program.

gregh

The Real Deal
Reaction score
Left this part out accidentally. Mickey said that Reggie is in town, participating in the off season workout program.
yeah, he is particioating in KK's "offseason" program by the looks of the hornets game haha!

Bee Rad

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Thanks for the summary, Tony. I am glad he finally admitted that they "underestimated" Meachem's knee injury. Knowing what they know now, he probably would not have been the pick. They should have known the severity of his knee problem before the draft.
What concerns me, Dan, is whether the same group of medical professionals was used to examine Vilma's knee.

nickg2027

Rookie
Reaction score
I was wondering guys and gals, I want to go to Jackson this year to see the Saints practice but I would like to get a few signatures. Drew Brees especially! Are there any guarantees to getting signatures and meeting the players? Like are there times set aside that they will be signing autographs or is it just luck that I can catch one of them walking off of the practice field?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)