Saints bar in New York City? (1 Viewer)

RyChat

Reaction score
I live in NYC now and usually have to work on Sundays. Not tomorrow, however! I know quite a few bars with NFL Sunday Ticket up here, but was wondering if anyone knows of a place where Saints fans gather.

Swilling56

Reaction score
I live in NYC now and usually have to work on Sundays. Not tomorrow, however! I know quite a few bars with NFL Sunday Ticket up here, but was wondering if anyone knows of a place where Saints fans gather.
I was born and raised in NYC - been a Saints fan all my life and was fortunate enough to get to move down here a few years back. Anyway, there's a bar called Bourbon Street on the Upper West - 80th and Amsterdam:
http://newyork.citysearch.com/profile/7168571/new_york_ny/bourbon_street.html
It's the closest I've ever found to a Saints bar, i.e. it's the only bar I ever went into with my boys where I was not the sole person in a Saints Jersey and had to ask the bartender to turn the 5" black and white TV behind the bathroom door on the Saints game because all other TV's were showing something else. Hope that helps.

primadox

Hurricane Bear Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Houston TX, via Parsippany, NJ and New Orleans
I was born and raised in NYC - been a Saints fan all my life and was fortunate enough to get to move down here a few years back. Anyway, there's a bar called Bourbon Street on the Upper West - 80th and Amsterdam:
It's the closest I've ever found to a Saints bar, i.e. it's the only bar I ever went into with my boys where I was not the sole person in a Saints Jersey and had to ask the bartender to turn the 5" black and white TV behind the bathroom door on the Saints game because all other TV's were showing something else. Hope that helps.
That's good to know....Drew will be in NYC for a couple weeks, and the company he's working with has their theater on the upper east side....shouldn't be too hard for him to meet up with any NYC Saints fans there, assuming his rehearsal schedule allows him to do so. Even with playoffs on national TV, it's more fun to watch the game with other Saints fans!

Teach

just jack'em up
Reaction score
If anyone wants to take the Metro North (from Grand Central or 125th) to White Plains (there is an express that takes about 25-30 min., regular stops take about 40-45 min.).
The place I go to is literally 2 blocks from the station...it's an easy ride - and I've gotten to know the bartenders - so they always put our games on one of the TV's over the bar (all big screens). We usually have anywhere between 4-8 of us, which isn't bad...we get a great view of a great game and get great service...the more the merrier...hope to see folks there...

rubberneck

Team Gleason!
Reaction score
I go to Blondies sometimes...

212 W 79th St

The Jets game is on at the same time. Also, a lot of Steeler fans hang there. It was rough during the Steeler/Saints game.

El Kapitan

Reaction score
BAR NONE on 3rd Ave b/w 12th and 13th St. At times we've had 30 Saints fans in there. It's really a lot of fun. The only thing is a lot of the Saints fans are back in New Orleans for New Year's. There will still be a couple of us there.

OP

RyChat

Reaction score

Swilling, they have NFL Sunday Ticket then?

Swilling56

Reaction score
Swilling, they have NFL Sunday Ticket then?
They did 3 years ago. I've been in Nola since so can't guarantee they still do. Try calling just to be sure - would hate to send you there if they don't anymore.

new city champ

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Used to be a group at Park Avenue Country Club (Park Ave South @ 27th street) don't know who goes now, but it's a full-on sports bar and will put on every game.

chrisman

Reaction score
NYC Playoff Game Watching

Bar None, Blondie's, Bourbon St, & Park Ave CC would all be great places to watch the game on Sat - but which will have the most Saints fans (we don't want to be outnumbered by philly goons)?
I've been content to watch games at home on NFL ticket but this one's too big to stay home for...

Gadabout

Rookie
Reaction score
I've been to so many bars trying to find Saints fans. Met this dude at the Big Easy on the UES and he runs a sports fan networking sight.

www.urbantailgate.com

He says that most of the time the fans will go to Bar None. If I'm in town that's where we'll be going this weekend.

chrisman

Reaction score
Several years ago before NFL Package I did the same thing - going from bar to bar in NYC to catch games hoping to find *someplace* that had a few fans in it, never with any luck (of course there are a lot of bars in NYC and only 16 games in a season).
I'm sure this Sat will be different though but I'd like to find a place with a big showing. BAR NONE sounds like a front runner...

primadox

Hurricane Bear Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Bummer for my husband that the game is happening on Saturday night....he's in NYC singing, and has a performance Sat. night...someone had better have a tv backstage, or I'll be on the cellphone with him everytime he's not onstage!

SD_Saint

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
Bummer for my husband that the game is happening on Saturday night....he's in NYC singing, and has a performance Sat. night...someone had better have a tv backstage, or I'll be on the cellphone with him everytime he's not onstage!
Tell your husband be careful. I hear there is a bad case of four hour flu going around.

primadox

Hurricane Bear Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Tell your husband be careful. I hear there is a bad case of four hour flu going around.
LOLOL....problem is, he don't sing, he don't get paid....

Same thing happened for the LSU NC game....he was singing in Oregon, and I was at the game. I learned that Verizon has pretty good coverage in the Dome.... :ezbill:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Andrus What NFL teams best prepared to lose a QB to coronavirus? Ranking 1-32 | Saints’ Jameis Winston or Cowboys’ Andy Dalton No. 1? SR News Page Articles 0
Andrus Saints D-line coach says Marcus Davenport 'definitely has room to get better' even after strong second season SR News Page Articles 0
Saints UDFA Profile: Michigan State linebacker Joe Bachie Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Holiday happiness is remembering Saints wins over the Falcons Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints expecting more from Marcus Davenport Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Fleur-de-Links, July 3: 49ers troll Saints and when Kiko Alonso is expected to return Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints banking on healthy, enthusiastic Marcus Davenport. 'He's put the work in' Saints RSS News Feeds 0
49ers promote masks, with a shot at the Saints Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Fleur-de-Links, July 2: Saints preseason cut in half and Deuce McAllister talks Latavius Murray Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Dan in Lafayette Alvin Kamara’s cryptic tweet has New Orleans Saints fans in a frenzy SR News Page Articles 0
Dan in Lafayette Deuce McAllister on the Saints Running Backs SR News Page Articles 0
Dan in Lafayette NFL to shorten 2020 preseason, Saints to open against Steelers on the road SR News Page Articles 0
Catching up with Deuce McAllister the Saints, the coronavirus and his golf game Saints RSS News Feeds 0
NFL to cut preseason in half; Saints to lose out on games vs. Rams and Dolphins Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Interviews: Saints legends Jonathan Vilma and Deuce McAllister Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Reliving some of our worst Saints vs Falcons memories Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints fantasy position groups: Wide Receivers Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Dan in Lafayette Former Saints LB Jonathan Vilma has high hopes for 2020 Saints defense SR News Page Articles 0
Fleur-de-Links, July 1: More from Latavius Murray and Cam Jordan ranks #2 in overall sacks for the Saints Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Super44 Non-Saints...but related to the virus and potential rate of infections, for college football. Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 3
Former Saints LB Jonathan Vilma looking forward to challenge of the broadcast booth Saints RSS News Feeds 0
How Saints rank in quarterback play in Super Bowl era Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints roster battles to watch on offense, part one Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints urge mask wearing Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Dan in Lafayette Saints Hall of Fame career of Roman Harper: An Interview SR News Page Articles 0
Dan in Lafayette Saints WR Tre'Quan Smith is primed for a breakout season in 2020 SR News Page Articles 0
Dan in Lafayette Saints Notes & Quotes: Mrs. Benson, Brees, Jenkins,Harper, Evans, and NFLPA SR News Page Articles 0
Saints coach on the art and science of training during a pandemic — with the help of Excel Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints running back Alvin Kamara has become NASCAR’s newest, biggest fan Saints RSS News Feeds 0
DerrickB Video How long will Jeff Ireland Continue his Role as Assistant Gm/College Scout Director with the Saints? Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 30
What makes Jadeveon Clowney a perfect fit for the Saints Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Fleur-de-Links, June 29: Jadeveon Clowney interested in the Saints, and how the Saints became interested in Adam Trautman Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints infatuation with rookie tight end Adam Trautman began at the Senior Bowl Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Dan in Lafayette Saints’ QB Drew Brees to sponsor Black College Football event SR News Page Articles 0
Dan in Lafayette What should the Saints do with Alvin Kamara? SR News Page Articles 0
Dan in Lafayette 40 best remaining free agent options for the Saints SR News Page Articles 0
Dan in Lafayette Larry Holder on Saints training camp and biggest surprises for upcoming season SR News Page Articles 0
mandevillekevin 8x10 Saints photo help Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 9
Gumbo's Dad Has the recent politicization of the Saints decreased your enthusiasm for or interest in the Saints? Everything Else Board 122
Andrus Report: Clowney to sign with Saints or Cowboys? SR News Page Articles 0
Andrus New Orleans Saints receivers coach Ronald Curry utilizing information, wisdom gleaned from QB Coaching Summit SR News Page Articles 0
SquareHammer Email from Saints re: 2020 Season Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 24
Andrus Saints finally have some breathing room beneath the 2020 salary cap SR News Page Articles 0
Andrus Superdome to close off first 8 rows of seating during Saints games SR News Page Articles 0
No magic answer to fix Saints QB Jameis Winston's patience, but coaches say he's ready to work Saints RSS News Feeds 0
jasonsw A Saints Vision Everything Else Board 1
Saints' Benson to drop 'Dixie' from brewery name Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Nick Easton one of the Saints remaining trade chips Saints RSS News Feeds 0
WATCH: Taysom Hill and Jameis Winston lead our Saints camp battles series for QB2 Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Interview: Roman Harper reflects on his Saints Hall of Fame career Saints RSS News Feeds 0