Saints bar in New York City? (1 Viewer)

RyChat

Reaction score
I live in NYC now and usually have to work on Sundays. Not tomorrow, however! I know quite a few bars with NFL Sunday Ticket up here, but was wondering if anyone knows of a place where Saints fans gather.

I live in NYC now and usually have to work on Sundays. Not tomorrow, however! I know quite a few bars with NFL Sunday Ticket up here, but was wondering if anyone knows of a place where Saints fans gather.

I was born and raised in NYC - been a Saints fan all my life and was fortunate enough to get to move down here a few years back. Anyway, there's a bar called Bourbon Street on the Upper West - 80th and Amsterdam:
http://newyork.citysearch.com/profile/7168571/new_york_ny/bourbon_street.html
It's the closest I've ever found to a Saints bar, i.e. it's the only bar I ever went into with my boys where I was not the sole person in a Saints Jersey and had to ask the bartender to turn the 5" black and white TV behind the bathroom door on the Saints game because all other TV's were showing something else. Hope that helps.

I was born and raised in NYC - been a Saints fan all my life and was fortunate enough to get to move down here a few years back. Anyway, there's a bar called Bourbon Street on the Upper West - 80th and Amsterdam:
It's the closest I've ever found to a Saints bar, i.e. it's the only bar I ever went into with my boys where I was not the sole person in a Saints Jersey and had to ask the bartender to turn the 5" black and white TV behind the bathroom door on the Saints game because all other TV's were showing something else. Hope that helps.

That's good to know....Drew will be in NYC for a couple weeks, and the company he's working with has their theater on the upper east side....shouldn't be too hard for him to meet up with any NYC Saints fans there, assuming his rehearsal schedule allows him to do so. Even with playoffs on national TV, it's more fun to watch the game with other Saints fans!

If anyone wants to take the Metro North (from Grand Central or 125th) to White Plains (there is an express that takes about 25-30 min., regular stops take about 40-45 min.).
The place I go to is literally 2 blocks from the station...it's an easy ride - and I've gotten to know the bartenders - so they always put our games on one of the TV's over the bar (all big screens). We usually have anywhere between 4-8 of us, which isn't bad...we get a great view of a great game and get great service...the more the merrier...hope to see folks there...

I go to Blondies sometimes...

212 W 79th St

The Jets game is on at the same time. Also, a lot of Steeler fans hang there. It was rough during the Steeler/Saints game.

BAR NONE on 3rd Ave b/w 12th and 13th St. At times we've had 30 Saints fans in there. It's really a lot of fun. The only thing is a lot of the Saints fans are back in New Orleans for New Year's. There will still be a couple of us there.

Swilling, they have NFL Sunday Ticket then?

Swilling, they have NFL Sunday Ticket then?

They did 3 years ago. I've been in Nola since so can't guarantee they still do. Try calling just to be sure - would hate to send you there if they don't anymore.

Used to be a group at Park Avenue Country Club (Park Ave South @ 27th street) don't know who goes now, but it's a full-on sports bar and will put on every game.

NYC Playoff Game Watching

Bar None, Blondie's, Bourbon St, & Park Ave CC would all be great places to watch the game on Sat - but which will have the most Saints fans (we don't want to be outnumbered by philly goons)?
I've been content to watch games at home on NFL ticket but this one's too big to stay home for...

I've been to so many bars trying to find Saints fans. Met this dude at the Big Easy on the UES and he runs a sports fan networking sight.

www.urbantailgate.com

He says that most of the time the fans will go to Bar None. If I'm in town that's where we'll be going this weekend.

Several years ago before NFL Package I did the same thing - going from bar to bar in NYC to catch games hoping to find *someplace* that had a few fans in it, never with any luck (of course there are a lot of bars in NYC and only 16 games in a season).
I'm sure this Sat will be different though but I'd like to find a place with a big showing. BAR NONE sounds like a front runner...

Bummer for my husband that the game is happening on Saturday night....he's in NYC singing, and has a performance Sat. night...someone had better have a tv backstage, or I'll be on the cellphone with him everytime he's not onstage!

Bummer for my husband that the game is happening on Saturday night....he's in NYC singing, and has a performance Sat. night...someone had better have a tv backstage, or I'll be on the cellphone with him everytime he's not onstage!

Tell your husband be careful. I hear there is a bad case of four hour flu going around.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom