Saints being officiated differently from opponents (2 Viewers)

I still don't totally believe there is a conspiracy against the Saints in regards to officials/penalties/etc., but the circumstantial evidence is starting to pile up. The no call last year was an obvious gaffe......but the game this past Sunday as a whole really had me scratching my head. It's a small miracle the Saints were able to win that contest.

Someone should create a website like PFF that does nothing but judge referees. I'd definitely take a peek. But I wouldn't create it...I don't want to die quite yet.

I still don't totally believe there is a conspiracy against the Saints in regards to officials/penalties/etc., but the circumstantial evidence is starting to pile up. The no call last year was an obvious gaffe......but the game this past Sunday as a whole really had me scratching my head. It's a small miracle the Saints were able to win that contest.

Yeah, I think there’s nuance to it.

I don’t think Al Riveron called a meeting or sent out a memo to stack things against the Saints.

But I do think Riveron wasn’t happy Payton went public with his admission and I do think officials, in general, don’t like Payton spearheading am extra level of accountability with review.

So it may not be intentional, but I certainly think there’s extreme bias.

Did you know...?
In the last three games, counting the penalties and the big plays wiped out, the Saints started the game with an average handicap of 80 yards.
Against the Panthers they were also robbed of a 40 yard pass to Ginn and of an OPI committed by Olson. That’s an handicap of 130 yards.

Based on the number of do-overs that were handed to the Panthers on a silver platter, we had no business winning that game.

The refs set the table and pulled out the chair, but the Panthers just couldn't find a way to sit down and accept the free meal.

Am I right? Of course I'm right! WHO DAT!

Not to be particularly morbid, but I wonder if Saints fans are truly preparing themselves for the inevitable. The ending to this season - whenever or wherever that ending might occur - is setting up to be just as excruciating as the two seasons before. Probably more so. This isn't an aberration. It's foreshadowing.

smOZ4N.jpg

I won’t be surprised if the Saints get very few flags, and the Falcons get more than usual Thursday night... it’s @ Atlanta, the Falcons are done, and it’s nationally televised on a holiday. The NFL could mark this as “get right game” for the Saints and their recent penalty feasting.

Not to be particularly morbid, but I wonder if Saints fans are truly preparing themselves for the inevitable. The ending to this season - whenever or wherever that ending might occur - is setting up to be just as excruciating as the two seasons before. Probably more so. This isn't an aberration. It's foreshadowing.

Yeah I’ve been having this conversation with lots of friends lately. It’s real.

Is there a way to flood Al Riveron with e-mails/petitions until this becomes "a thing"?
The internet can be a powerful thing when used correctly. If #statsshowRiveronvendetta or #riveronjobbingsaints or something along that nature started trending on twitter with an address to a site that shows that stats, all it would take for it to blow up would be for the right site or media outlet to pick it up and start making comparisons to other teams for it become a thing. Imagine taking those same stats for every team and then comparing them to see if the Saints stats were an outlier to the rest. It would be something that couldn't be ignored.

Watch other games. Watch how other teams DB's can put their hands on opposing WR, or grab them around the waist and knock the ball away without being called for holding. (we get called EVERY time). Watch how other teams can run pick plays, or hold on offense and NEVER get called. And I haven't seen offensive Pass interference called WITHOUT the offensive player extending their arm or INITIATING contact.

The networks have STOPPED replaying penalties called against us because it is just TOO OBVIOUS.
We just saw it very blatantly in this past game vs the Panthers. Carolina's DBs were allowed to bump, play physical even past 5 yards. Look at the 50 yard bomb that Ginn dropped.. part of the reason he dropped it was right as the ball was landing the DB reached out and grabbed his shoulder pad, just enough to alter his tracking of the ball.

And whenever our Receivers tried to fight through the contact, they got called for OPI. (Cook, and Thomas)

but then again on the flip side our DBs could not play physical, because any little contact would be flagged... and even had a non call get reversed into PI in a critical moment when their whole point of emphasis for this season has been trusting the judgement of the officials with the call on the field...

I won’t be surprised if the Saints get very few flags, and the Falcons get more than usual Thursday night... it’s @ Atlanta, the Falcons are done, and it’s nationally televised on a holiday. The NFL could mark this as “get right game” for the Saints and their recent penalty feasting.
Their interest is in having the eyeballs stay on the channel though the 4th quarter.

At the same time, as the only game on in the evening when families are hanging out, there will be lots of scrutiny and any obvious bad calls or crooked shenanigans will be magnified and under a microscope, so we'll see.

I agree with this. I think that showing fairness on a nationally televised game against a team that has no playoff aspirations and isn't named New England, Dallas, L.A., will be an opportunity for the NFL to change the average NFL viewer's perception.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom