Saints believed to be looking to sign DE Wes Horton (ex-Panther)[signed] [MERGED] (1 Viewer)

And now the Buc’s are signing Suh! IMO McCoy is better than Suh

That's crazy. The Bucs wanted McCoy to take a pay cut, and from what I hear McCoy is willing to play for 6-8 mill on a 1-year deal.

I think McCoy would have taken that pay cut but Arians came in the door blasting McCoy from the jump, so McCoy probably wanted out anyway after that.

I wonder what Suh will sign for.

That's crazy. The Bucs wanted McCoy to take a pay cut, and from what I hear McCoy is willing to play for 6-8 mill on a 1-year deal.

I think McCoy would have taken that pay cut but Arians came in the door blasting McCoy from the jump, so McCoy probably wanted out anyway after that.

I wonder what Suh will sign for.
I was listening to one of the talking heads radio channels yesterday. They said McCoy will have a decision to make. If he wants to play for someone like the Saints or Patriots, he may have to do so on a vet minimum, or slightly higher for 1-2 years. If he wants to get paid (they suggested 6M was his upside) and get more than 1 year, he would have to sign with someone like the Browns who aren't quite there, but are on the upswing and have cap space they might be willing to offer. Take it all with a grain of salt I guess.

I was listening to one of the talking heads radio channels yesterday. They said McCoy will have a decision to make. If he wants to play for someone like the Saints or Patriots, he may have to do so on a vet minimum, or slightly higher for 1-2 years. If he wants to get paid (they suggested 6M was his upside) and get more than 1 year, he would have to sign with someone like the Browns who aren't quite there, but are on the upswing and have cap space they might be willing to offer. Take it all with a grain of salt I guess.

There is no way that McCoy plays anywhere near the vet minimum.

Doing nothing is better than bargain bin shopping. I hate when they do this. It's a waste of about 3 or 4 million. You know you wanted a DE. All signs pointed to wanting a DE. So instead of getting someone that would be a difference maker at about 5 million more. They spend 3 to 4 million on someone that will not contribute at all. It's waste if this comes to fruition. Like TE last year, it was obvious they wanted to upgrade but got shy on the trigger. Saved a couple million for what??? For us not to have a receiving target when we needed one most. Hope history doesn't repeat and we're screaming, if only we had fresh pass rushers in the game right now. Paying for bodies instead of performance. Didnt learn nothing.

You have a pretty good posting history so I’m assuming you left yourself logged in at a special ed school. ( or is this the new drunk confessions thread)

So does anybody got the scoop on Horton?

Base DE? Situational Pass Rusher?

I gather that he'll be competing with Hendrickson in camp. Just another vet/depth signing?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom