Saints/Bengals gameday thread! (1 Viewer)

Yeah, because Thomas gave up ONLY 190 yards to Chad Johnson, who scored 3 TDs on 4 catches. Yeah, much better than Craft.

/sarcasm off

Please let's get over our obsession with Fred Thomas. He did just as poor as Craft did last week.

No obsession here...you're right Thomas is bad, but Craft is much, much worse.

So what exactly did you expect coming inth this year? Really, before the Browns game. 15-1 and a march through the playoffs? Come on, this is a rebuiding year and laying a good foundation. This team under Haslet was pathetic on the field and they were worse off the field. Bad guys, bad character. Payton had to clean house and start from scratch. Yes he had to keep the DB's, but shut down corners aren't available every day through the waiver wire.

This game was bad and last week's was too. We should be disappointed. But we are still in it and this team will continue to improve. I believe in what Payton is trying to do.

I expected a WELL-COACHED team that didn't make 5 critical mistakes every game. If we lose while playing smart football, so be it. But THREE of our four losses have come from STUPID mistakes that gave the game away. This team may have good guys with good character, but they are just as bad as any Haslett team we ever saw. They still lose games they should win, they give games away, they still make mistake after mistake with no end in sight. If you just looked at drive charts of this year and every year Haslett was here, would you notice a difference? Still a ton of yards, still a ton of turnovers, still a pathetic defense. Payton is showing more an more each week that he's not much more than a rookie HC just like Haslett.

Wah wah wah. Oh, we played a proud team in a must-win situation. EVERY game in the NFL is a MUST-WIN. IF you're the better team, you BEAT the teams you're supposed to. We've lost to THREE we were supposed to beat. Now we play Atlanta, a "proud" team in a "must-win" situation. It's the Same Ole Saints as we've seen under every head coach. Great defenses, great offenses, horrible defenses, horrible offenses, it never matters. The Saints still lose games they have no reason to and can never come through inthe clutch to win big games. We have TWO big wins in 40 years: against the Rams in 2000 and against the Falcons this year. That's pathetic and even with a "smart" head coach with a "smart" team they still screw up.

Very well put... Why is it always the Saints that give up the win to the team with their backs against the wall.... This week we will see all of the posts saying don't worry we're still in a tie for the division... blah blah blah.... The true story is this team once again is killing itself... We should of been destroying the bengals in the first half, instead we shot our selves in the foot again, again and again!!!!! The first half of the season i was all pumped this team is different blah blah blah... Apparently not..... I'm afraid we are in for a long 2nd half of the season, i guess it was good while it lasted.

Unfortunately, you are right. Our offense has to almost play perfect ball for us to win. Since the Baltimore game, we have been averaging nearly 4 turnovers a game it seems. Even with a mediocre defense, that's difficult to overcome. As for the offense, it's good to have great passing stats, but if we don't go back to being a more balled controlled offense, we're in trouble the rest of the year.

And that's why I think Carolina will win the division. Their defense will overcome their lack of an offense.

No obsession here...you're right Thomas is bad, but Craft is much, much worse.

Really? When was the last PLAY Thomas made to stop an offensive player? Tackling someon after they catch the first down pass doesn't count, which is all he's good for these days. Thomas let Chad catch all 4 passes without any defensive objection.

I expected a WELL-COACHED team that didn't make 5 critical mistakes every game. If we lose while playing smart football, so be it. But THREE of our four losses have come from STUPID mistakes that gave the game away. This team may have good guys with good character, but they are just as bad as any Haslett team we ever saw. They still lose games they should win, they give games away, they still make mistake after mistake with no end in sight. If you just looked at drive charts of this year and every year Haslett was here, would you notice a difference? Still a ton of yards, still a ton of turnovers, still a pathetic defense. Payton is showing more an more each week that he's not much more than a rookie HC just like Haslett.

I agree with you about he turnovers...Each lose can be blamed on the turnovers. Shouldn't be happening. But I believe Payton will try to fix it. Brees was bad today, but that's the first time we've had to say that this year. Copper, well he's a special teamer that is forced into paying WR. Henderson still scares me with the ball. Not sure why Je isn't getting open more. Colston got hurt, and our defense, well, the DB's are pathetic. Not much we can do about that now.

Maybe it's just me, but because Payton had to come in and basically, kick out half of his roster says more about Haslet than anything. He left this team filled with knucleheads and it fell to Payton to clean it up, and for my money, he's done a great job making us respectable. It's going to take more time for us to get to the next level.

Thomas MUST be replaced. A rookie with some skills would be better I am afraid. We just are ij trouble on that side and now every team in the league knows it. It will be a long year now.

Really? When was the last PLAY Thomas made to stop an offensive player? Tackling someon after they catch the first down pass doesn't count, which is all he's good for these days. Thomas let Chad catch all 4 passes without any defensive objection.

Again, you've got no argument here...but who do you throw out there...Craft, Deloach, convert Michael Lewis to a CB this week? The cupboard is bare.

I agree with you about he turnovers...Each lose can be blamed on the turnovers. Shouldn't be happening. But I believe Payton will try to fix it. Brees was bad today, but that's the first time we've had to say that this year. Copper, well he's a special teamer that is forced into paying WR. Henderson still scares me with the ball. Not sure why Je isn't getting open more. Colston got hurt, and our defense, well, the DB's are pathetic. Not much we can do about that now.

Maybe it's just me, but because Payton had to come in and basically, kick out half of his roster says more about Haslet than anything. He left this team filled with knucleheads and it fell to Payton to clean it up, and for my money, he's done a great job making us respectable. It's going to take more time for us to get to the next level.

The problem is even with the housecleaning, it's the EXACT SAME problems we saw with Haslett. And respectable? Who has given us ANY respect? We're still the same team we were in 2000 and 2001 and 2002 and so on. We were good in several of those years until this time of year, then we collapsed just like we are now. I see no difference in the overall team.

Again, you've got no argument here...but who do you throw out there...Craft, Deloach, convert Michael Lewis to a CB this week? The cupboard is bare.

Considering Deloach has never started for us and Thomas has been just as bad as Craft us claimed to be, maybe try one of them?? Everyone wascrying about how poorly Craft did against Pittsburgh and begged for Thomas back and he comes through with a terrific 4-catch, 190-yard defensive game. Craft is just as bad as Thomas, but at least he has some speed so maybe he could make up some ground and do something besides let Chad Johnson walk past with nary a push.

The problem is even with the housecleaning, it's the EXACT SAME problems we saw with Haslett. And respectable? Who has given us ANY respect? We're still the same team we were in 2000 and 2001 and 2002 and so on. We were good in several of those years until this time of year, then we collapsed just like we are now. I see no difference in the overall team.

Fair enough...and it is tough to say this on a day like today, but I truly think the difference IS character. Haslet's teams simply QUIT on him, the city of New Orleans, everybody. I don't seee the same penalties on this team. I would argue that Payton's team doesn't come close to the talen on some of Haslet's teams, especially on defense. But Payton has gotten more out of them. Now, it may have been smoke and mirrors in the first half of he season, but I expect this team to finish strong, because of the character makeup that Payton has brought in. If they loose 4 or 5 of the last six, then I'll be dead wrong. But I really think they will pull it together, especially against Atlanta.

Remember how def. Coord. Gary Gibbs schemed ATL on Monday night? Everytime he's faced Vick, in the pros and in college, he's done the same thing. Confused and destroyed him.

Considering Deloach has never started for us and Thomas has been just as bad as Craft us claimed to be, maybe try one of them?? Everyone wascrying about how poorly Craft did against Pittsburgh and begged for Thomas back and he comes through with a terrific 4-catch, 190-yard defensive game. Craft is just as bad as Thomas, but at least he has some speed so maybe he could make up some ground and do something besides let Chad Johnson walk past with nary a push.

But Craft is terrible in run support, which Thomas is much better at. I'm all for trying Deloach or somebody, but please, no Craft.

I guess we are going to be looking at the back of Greer's jersey all game.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom