Saints big dog (1 Viewer)

muddbug2

All-Pro
Reaction score
At NY Giants -5 New Orleans 52.5

Saints are a big dog in the highest over/under game this week.

Offense more than good enough with a defense that doesn't know how to win.

It's like the defense is more conformable losing, it's what they know. Why venture into the unknown of winning when you can stay with what you know?

Not a person on the team believes that want to lose, not a player or coach wants, in their conscious mind, to lose. But late in the game, deep down in their unconscious mind, they want and expect to lose. It becomes self fulfilling, that unforced error which puts them back into what they know well, losing.

I don't know how to fix it, maybe that's why Harper is back, but this is going to be another long season (or maybe a short one depending on your point of view).

It's like the defense is more conformable losing, it's what they know. Why venture into the unknown of winning when you can stay with what you know?

Not a person on the team believes that want to lose, not a player or coach wants, in their conscious mind, to lose. But late in the game, deep down in their unconscious mind, they want and expect to lose. It becomes self fulfilling, that unforced error which puts them back into what they know well, losing.

I don't know how to fix it, maybe that's why Harper is back, but this is going to be another long season (or maybe a short one depending on your point of view).

Great offenses, bad defenses, opposite of game last year since in NY.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think it's all about how the first part of the season goes..the Raiders loss was definitely a blow to our confidence, and another high scoring shootout with the Giants may just wear us down. I think Atlanta is a very winnable game. If we somehow pull out a W over the Giants Sunday, and can get some energy going and beat the Falcons on Monday night, then I think we really could keep this season together.

I'm worried that we will lose another tight game to the Giants and will go into the bye at 1-3, though. That is definitely not what I want to happen, just my gut feeling.

Rumour has it that the NYG Offense hasn't attended practice this week since there's no need with the Saints Defense.

Our D will come to play this weekend I have no doubt

5 points on the road doesn't seem to make us "BIG underdogs".

I think it's all about how the first part of the season goes..the Raiders loss was definitely a blow to our confidence, and another high scoring shootout with the Giants may just wear us down. I think Atlanta is a very winnable game. If we somehow pull out a W over the Giants Sunday, and can get some energy going and beat the Falcons on Monday night, then I think we really could keep this season together.

I'm worried that we will lose another tight game to the Giants and will go into the bye at 1-3, though. That is definitely not what I want to happen, just my gut feeling.

Yep. Was it a few seasons ago where that happened? We started off losing the first several games but only a few points. Colston had that fumble against Atlanta in overtime then it seemed like the team never recovered. So yes, I am worried about the momentum and mentality of the team if that happens again.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom