Saints Blitzing (1 Viewer)

molotov_x

obviously our defense has overachieved most of this season. is it just me or is the timing/execution of our blitzing poor? simoneau runs into the first blocker, fajita will make some plays, today is an exception...shanle is never seen. we are still rebuilding, hope payton addresses these needs unlike haslett. every year we needed help at linebacker and we would get watson or another undersized body.

I didn't notice much blitzing at all I thought we played too much soft zone most of the game from what I saw especially from the linebackers.

I hate that word. There is no such thing as "overachieving". You are eithering doing your job, or you're not. Simple. Why do we have to make excuses when guys are doing better than they were expected to do, then fall short a little and do what they WERE expected to?

I hate that word. There is no such thing as "overachieving". You are eithering doing your job, or you're not. Simple. Why do we have to make excuses when guys are doing better than they were expected to do, then fall short a little and do what they WERE expected to?

can you see our linebackers playing a game like baltimore's did today?

Because expectations are based on talent and history. Think of it this way: if you're a teacher and you have a student, who all semester made D's, then all of a sudden made A's, and no one else's grade were skyrocketig, would you think they just suddenly became a genius? "Overachieving" mostly has to do with consistency and durability. Sure the LBs can play well for 4 weeks, but can they do it for 16? We've already seen that as "no".

With the way our secondary is playing you don't want to blitz too much and leave the corners out on an island. On the other hand even when we don't blitz our secondary still gets burned. So I don't know what the problem is.

I don't think we're blitzing quite enough, and I think we do have a problem getting to the QB when we do blitz at times... Not very well-executed.

And as much as I love our boys, they're not talented enough to survive if they can't blitz and hassle the QB...

We are giving up big chunks of yards not blitzing why not come after them and rush them into a mistake. A team that does not get pressure on the QB is setting their corners up to fail. Even the best corner can look bad with no pass rush.

Seems like we blitz from the interior...

where all the blocking is. We never blitz from the outside. I remember today on one play, Fujita came up the middle and got blocked and then Simoneau followed right behind, right up his back. Seems like when Fujita has been creating havoc is when he comes off the edge.

Oh yeah, and when you have a unit that isn't quite talented enough to win a game by just playing basic D, you need to be real aggressive.

I'll be fine with the occasional long play because the opponent can beat the blitz, as long as it's not something that happens a lot... Because I'd rather die being aggressive then die by being too conservative.

is it just me or is the timing/execution of our blitzing poor? simoneau runs into the first blocker . . .

You know, it's funny, it *does* kinda seem that way. Simoneau has sometimes reminded me of Ricky Williams. You know, Williams would break through a stacked line and then look for a safety to run into. I don't know if the blitz schemes sometimes call for Simoneau to eat up a block, but it has looked weird at times.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom