Saints bring in RB Devonta Freeman for visit, signed 1 yr deal (2 Viewers)

Could this signing possibly signal a Latavius Murray trade for WR/DT depth?

We don’t trust Winston or Hill. If GB picks off Winston. We will run 80% to pass 20%. We can’t run run AK and our other RB into the ground. So we had to add more legs.
Stop with the Winston bashing. He seems to be doing well so far in camp. More running behind that offensive line and less passing cuts down on the INT potential, extends drives, eats clock, and increases opportunities to win. Don’t need to be in passing shootouts all the time. Rest the defense.

We don’t trust Winston or Hill. If GB picks off Winston. We will run 80% to pass 20%. We can’t run run AK and our other RB into the ground. So we had to add more legs.
Sir... You're terrible at situational football. Burning the clock for GB lol.

I know yall remember this 😒, but I guess 🤷🏾‍♂️

That was after the choke job gesture by Payton towards Freeman. Then we lost the game on the interception in the end zone in the last 2 minutes of the game.

Just to give that some context. He was a bit salty at that point.

Could this signing possibly signal a Latavius Murray trade for WR/DT depth?
Doubt they trade Murray. A heavy ground game with established RBs takes the pressure off the QBs and WRs. Also extends the offensive series and reduces the wear and tear on the Saints defense.

Last edited:
Sir... You're terrible at situational football. Burning the clock for GB lol.
Right. The more time you hold onto the ball offensively, the less time QBs like Rodgers have on the field. Also, the less time your defense has to be on the field. Keeps them fresh also. Notice too that the types of RBs the Saints have are pass catching RBs out of the backfield. Sean Payton knows exactly what he’s doing.

Hopefully just a camp body. I'd rather play Tony Jones than Freeman if it came down to that.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom