Saints bring in RB Devonta Freeman for visit, signed 1 yr deal (1 Viewer)

He regressed slightly in 2017, was injured for most of 2018, then fell off a cliff in 2019 (656 yards at only 3.6 per carry, a career low to that point). He was even worse with the Giants last year (five games, 1 TD and 3.2 yards per carry before being sent to IR and then waived).

The Giants have one of the worst offensive lines in the NFL so I really wouldn't read into that too much....

That's not a good way to win games in today's NFL.

I guess you slept through last year's 9 game winning streak when we ran 30+ times in nearly every win. And before you say we had the lead...na uh....

This is a popular misconception. We were down 14-0 to the Lions and ran the ball 42 times. We were down 20-3 against the Chargers and ran it 25 times, we were down 13-3 and ran the ball 30 times against the Bears. This was all during the 9 game win streak. We get in trouble when SP gets impatient and all pass happy and unfortunately he does so during the playoffs....you always have the option to run, the only exception being if you are down more than one score near the end of the game...

Screw Roddy White. Now him I don't like.

I guess you slept through last year's 9 game winning streak when we ran 30+ times in nearly every win. And before you say we had the lead...na uh....
Cherry pick 2 games as anecdotal evidence. There's hundreds of advanced statistics and data points that prove you wrong. Name 5 teams without a good/great passing game that made it to a conference championship the past decade.

I'm not soley just saying that. Need to rely more on the run game tho. It helps the defense stay off the field longer. Controls the clock.
You can burn clock and keep possession with short safe passing too. Brees has done it past few years. Switching to anything less than 60% passing is not a way to go far in the playoffs IMO. Not without the 00 ravens D.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom