Saints bring in TE Keller, make it more personal... (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
<a href="http://purdue.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=797594">Dustin Keller visits the Saints</a> - requires a subscription to Rivals.com<br><br><br>
Basically the article talks about where Dustin has visited, but talks about how New Orleans gave him special treatment, by letting the team hang out with him. Drew Brees was stated saying he'd love for Keller to be his TE from the upcoming draft.

That link is horrible. It wants me to pay money to sign up in order to read the rest. I'll pass. Care to recap for the rest of us?

Sorry about that. I had all the info about the story for non-subscribers, but I had it in html code so it didn't show up. Forgot to add a greater-than symbol after a break.

in Order to get Keller we would have to trade down to get him in the first or trade up in the first to grab him.

Sorry about that. I had all the info about the story for non-subscribers, but I had it in html code so it didn't show up. Forgot to add a greater-than symbol after a break.

No problem, but DO recap for us, please!!!

EDIT: Thanks for the edit in the OP.

Basically the article talks about where Dustin has visited, but talks about how New Orleans gave him special treatment, by letting the team hang out with him. Drew Brees was stated saying he'd love for Keller to be his TE from the upcoming draft.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WO-vS7o0PEs&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WO-vS7o0PEs&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

no question he's going to be a ridiculous talent catching the ball. will he be able to block?

If the Giants want a 2nd ALONG with Harper...and the Saints really really want a TE...

I say forget it, and take Keller at #40.

http://walterfootball.com/draft2008TE.php
Height: 6-2. Weight: 242.
Projected 40 Time: 4.85.
Combine 40 Time: 4.53.
Benchx225: 26. Vertical: 41.
Projected Round: 2-3.
Remember how impressive Dustin Keller's 38-inch vertical was at the combine? Yeah, forget about that. Keller improved his vertical at his Pro Day, leaping 41 inches into the air. This guy's not human.

Keller nearly touched the roof of the RCA Dome, notching a 38-inch vertical, and then blew everyone away with a 4.54 in the 40, nearly matching Greg Olsen's time of 4.51 in 2007. Keller then looked very fluid in the drills and even leaped a 10'11" broad jump.

A bit small for a tight end, but Dustin Keller burst onto the scene to catch 56 passes for 771 yards and 4 touchdowns in 2006. Matched those numbers (61 receptions, 731 yards) as a senior.

NFL Events: Combine Player Profiles - Dustin Keller
Compares To: ERIC JOHNSON-New Orleans...As a move-oriented H-back, Keller will bring decent value in the middle rounds of the draft. Like Johnson, he is really more of a big possession receiver. He doesn't love to block and doesn't show great desire to combat for the ball in a crowd. He uses his body well to settle in the soft areas on the field and does a good job working back to the quarterback on broken plays. When he gets a clean release off the snap, he shows the light feet to get into his routes. Still, he needs to show better cutting agility out of his breaks. If your team has a physical blocker at this position and you're looking for a complimentary intermediate-range receiver, Keller could fill that role. If you are looking for a complete, physical blocker at the position, you might be looking elsewhere.

Johnson wishes that he can create the type of separation and YAC that Keller can. I don't see that comparison at all.

Very good post, thanks for the info. I really like him, he and miller could be a very good duo for us for some time

I think a better comparison is LJ Smith. This guy can go up and get the ball, has great hands, great speed, and is tailor made for WCO.

JMO

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom