Saints Bring Players in for Tryouts (1 Viewer)

Don't they bring players in for tryouts just about every week? Have t they always done that? So why is it treated like its some sort of sogn of failure ?

His age and weakness caught up to him, we need to call the 49ers about Anthony Davis

His missed kicked wasn't taken for 6 the other way ... Lultz just kicks so low that blocking his kicks is too easy ... even one of the kicks that he made against the raiders in week 1 was tipped ....

You need to watch the blocked kick again. It wasnt Lutz's fault... Hankins was nearly close enough to hold the ball for him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I honestly think we should just trade for a kicker lol.

One that has proven himself over the years and has experience. Then finally the kicker situation can be done with for good.

His age and weakness caught up to him, we need to call the 49ers about Anthony Davis

Are you Anthony Davis?

For real. He's gotta be. Based on the rate at which he creates threads about signing Davis (even though he's under contract in SF) and apparently even posts that same sentiment in every other thread on the main board.

We get it. projeck61 wants the Saints to sign a backup who's got a concussion and retirement problem and is under contract with the 49ers.

Not sure who you're referring to, but the oline has played very well the past two weeks.

Pretty sure he's talking about Strief. Or at least that's who he's been banging his Davis drum about replacing in all his threads and posts about it previously.

Sometimes it just feels like our coaching staff does some stuff just to show the owner and the fans, how much they are trying .... the most inexplicable move by Sean Payton was to get Lulz to kick ... he wasn't there in the offseason and there was a healthy competition between forbath and Barath which Forbath won ... and then they go ahead and get a new kicker .... the kicking game played a role in both loses so far ... JUST GET A GOOD KICKER ... ENOUGH IS ENOUGH ...

Forbath missed an easy kick the other night against the Eagles. He wasn't the answer either way. I agree though as far as I wish our kicking situation would get fixed. While it isn't the main reason by any means it has greatly affected the outcome of both games.

Sometimes it just feels like our coaching staff does some stuff just to show the owner and the fans, how much they are trying .... the most inexplicable move by Sean Payton was to get Lulz to kick ... he wasn't there in the offseason and there was a healthy competition between forbath and Barath which Forbath won ... and then they go ahead and get a new kicker .... the kicking game played a role in both loses so far ... JUST GET A GOOD KICKER ... ENOUGH IS ENOUGH ...

Scoring TDs negates the outcome of FGs. Some of the most conservative Saints offense in history was the result of one of the best K in NFL history being on the Saints roster in the 80s and 90s. I loved Morten Anderson, and I was glad he played for the Saints, instead of against them (yeah, yeah, I know....); but I firmly believe that once Carl Smith was in FG range (past the 50 for Mort), they took their foot off the gas thinking "we got 3 if we don't mess it up."

I see something similar in today's Baltimore Ravens offense. I've got Ravens fans in my house and they're on tv nearly every week where I live. They've got one of the most reliable and strong-legged kickers in the league in Justin Tucker...pretty much automatic. And you can see it in their offensive gameplan. Play for 3, hope for 6. Guess what happens most of the time?

I say burn that bridge...get 6 or get nothing, and you'll see a different urgency on the field. Cut the K, as a Payton offense doesn't need one. Score a TD, go for 2 (it works more than half the time). Legatron handles kickoffs. Problem solved...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom