Saints bringing in Captain Munnerlyn for a visit (1 Viewer)

I remember him being pretty solid, but isn’t he like Drew Brees’ age?
I think your memory is faulty. He's never been more than average in his best years, which are behind him, btw. He's slow, short, light, and not very good. We've done this before, the last old cast off we signed from Carolina was Kurt Coleman. This signing would be just as useless. If we are going to go dumpster diving, bring back Kayvon Webster. He's only 28, and should know some of our system as he was on the team in training camp. Stop diving in Ron Rivera's Old and Used Up Player Dumpster.

I don't think he's great obviously. If he were he'd be on a team. But much like the discussion over which RB we should sign when it was clear AK was missing a game, this is probably not a long-term solution. He's probably just going to be backup/depth for a game or 2. In 09, we were bringing in washed-up Mike McKenzie (I like the guy, but he was well past his prime in 09) and Chris McAllister off the streets after mid-season injuries to Greer, Porter, and Torrance (and hey, McKenzie made an INT vs. NE and McAllister recovered a fumble in OT vs. WAS). This will hopefully just be a cup of coffee for a game or 2.

tenor.gif

Our CB depth is getting thin. No surprise we are working guys out. This one doesn't excite me too much, but you have to trust in the team at this point. I suspect it's mainly for the emergency call list, but I could be wrong. Hopefully Apple and P-Rob are back after the bye.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom