Saints' Cam Jordan believes he'll still be great in his 30s as Brandon Graham, Calais Campbell fuel motivation (1 Viewer)

• Admin
1624932362728.png

Jordan has played 10 seasons in the NFL and is entering the next decade of his career

By Jeff Kerr | CBS Sports

Cameron Jordan has become one of the NFL's premier pass rushers in his first decade in the NFL and is on the verge of becoming the 36th player to reach 100 sacks in his career. Jordan is also heading toward the back nine of his career, coming off a season in which he finished with the fewest pressures (57) and sacks (7.5) he's had in years.

The New Orleans Saints pass rusher finished with his lowest sack total since 2016, but still earned his fourth consecutive Pro Bowl appearance. The low sack and pressure totals just inspire Jordan to put up better numbers as he enters his 11th season in the NFL -- thanks to some inspiration from two of his peers who have been productive in year 11.

Age is just a number.

"You talk about Calais Campbell [who], after he turned 30, had his best year," Jordan said, via ESPN's Mike Triplett. "Brandon Graham having his best years after he turned 30. I've talked to Bruce Smith and I've looked at Mike Strahan's careers. These are the years where they really made strides for a push-off of being great. It's like 30 to that 34, 35 era, that you see not only the combination of that physical talent but ... [also] the wisdom play in. And that's what I've really been excited about."

Full Story - CBS Sports

Dan

Dan

Admin

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom