Saints can be an upward trending team as season progresses (1 Viewer)

Stats are proving out that the lack of preseason has hurt defenses more than offenses. Scoring is up across the league, and offenses are taking advantage of that.

The thing with our team is we have the pieces. If we can get in form on defense we will be fine, but if we don’t learn and continue down this same path we will be 8-8 if we are lucky. We should be better, but will we? This weekend will help us know.

Drew is building slow chemistry with his weapons. It can only progress, not much to regress.

Michael Thomas will be back. He's never been not open and will open up more opportunities for others still including Sanders who is making progress.

We're not in a horrible spot injury wise considering many teams out there are taking big hits. We're getting a few pieces back soon, Peat may be out a bit but not season ending is a huge win honestly. Davenport will bring depth and hopefully more pass rushing to front 7 than what Cam Jordan has brought. Overall, we can only get better on the D front and we've seen very good things out of unexpected pieces.

Our D has some new pieces are chemistry is sinking in. Cam Jordan will take off his Halloween costume soon and produce something for us.

We're running the ball with Murray well. AK in receiving game has been exceptional. Hard to complain about this.

We just need to start racking up a few tough W's to put us into playoff contention and then it's always anyone's gamble.

We won't win the Super Bowl though. NFL Referees have already made this determination but we can make them look like donkeys in post season once again.

slow chemistry with his weapons that have been here last 2-3 seasons? the only new is Sanders.

Defensively - i just dont know how that gets corrected. We have played no less than 3 different alignments, and none have worked.

LAst night was primarily DIME w/ quarters coverage and WE STILL gave up 2 long bomb passes.

im not as optimistic as you, but thats ok. My expectations for this season were low anyway.

Same with the Tigers.

Not resigning Bell is a huge mistake. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve seen him single handily cause a fumble (Cowboys, Bears, etc).
I really didn't like letting him go. I did post in the offseason when we did let him go that he was always around the ball causing a TO, seemly picked up every fumble.

slow chemistry with his weapons that have been here last 2-3 seasons? the only new is Sanders.

I don't know why they don't give Trequan a bigger leash. He seems to produce when he gets looks. He's a good blocking WR. Sanders is the huge WR piece that needs touches. It was an important signing that was supposed to fill the huge void past MT in the game. Deonte has also been a slow progression piece getting involved in offense. What deonte thrives at, Drew seems to not anymore. I like Callaway a lot but they don't seem to trust him yet. (I mean they had no trouble going to Colston as a rookie many moons ago)

The team hasn´t found its rythm yet. They have all the talent to be good, but they need to have a wake-up game. Hopefully it´s this week against the Lions.
If they take too much longer getting their rhythm the playoffs will be unattainable. This team needs to win the next three games to go 4 - 2 and then I'll start believing they have their mojo back - I might add that there is nothing I have seen with both the offense and defense to suggest that they will actually win the next three, but I do hope I am wrong!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom