Saints can be an upward trending team as season progresses (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Drew is building slow chemistry with his weapons. It can only progress, not much to regress.

Michael Thomas will be back. He's never been not open and will open up more opportunities for others still including Sanders who is making progress.

We're not in a horrible spot injury wise considering many teams out there are taking big hits. We're getting a few pieces back soon, Peat may be out a bit but not season ending is a huge win honestly. Davenport will bring depth and hopefully more pass rushing to front 7 than what Cam Jordan has brought. Overall, we can only get better on the D front and we've seen very good things out of unexpected pieces.

Our D has some new pieces are chemistry is sinking in. Cam Jordan will take off his Halloween costume soon and produce something for us.

We're running the ball with Murray well. AK in receiving game has been exceptional. Hard to complain about this.

We just need to start racking up a few tough W's to put us into playoff contention and then it's always anyone's gamble.

We won't win the Super Bowl though. NFL Referees have already made this determination but we can make them look like donkeys in post season once again.

The team hasn´t found its rythm yet. They have all the talent to be good, but they need to have a wake-up game. Hopefully it´s this week against the Lions.

Three games in and we've already reached the "Well at least it can't get any worse" stage. Growing up a Saints fan I'm used to that line of thinking. Thinking that your team has hit rock bottom and there is nowhere else to go but up is comforting.

The optimist in me says of course the team will get better. They didn't have an offseason or preseason and a few key pieces are out. We're usually not a great team in the first quarter of the season. They'll turn it around soon.

But part of me is thinking maybe we're just not that good. Maybe the team got old while I wasn't paying attention. Most of our best players are on the wrong side of 30 and Drew is on the wrong side of 40. Maybe the defense is struggling against the pass because they've always struggled against the pass. Why do I keep expecting them to improve when the problem is systemic?

We'll see but I made up my mind in January that this team was not going to give me the blues anymore. I don't really have any expectations for them, I just take it as it comes. If they win, great. If they lose, it is what it is. :idunno:

Drew is building slow chemistry with his weapons. It can only progress, not much to regress.

Michael Thomas will be back. He's never been not open and will open up more opportunities for others still including Sanders who is making progress.

We're not in a horrible spot injury wise considering many teams out there are taking big hits. We're getting a few pieces back soon, Peat may be out a bit but not season ending is a huge win honestly. Davenport will bring depth and hopefully more pass rushing to front 7 than what Cam Jordan has brought. Overall, we can only get better on the D front and we've seen very good things out of unexpected pieces.

Our D has some new pieces are chemistry is sinking in. Cam Jordan will take off his Halloween costume soon and produce something for us.

We're running the ball with Murray well. AK in receiving game has been exceptional. Hard to complain about this.

We just need to start racking up a few tough W's to put us into playoff contention and then it's always anyone's gamble.

We won't win the Super Bowl though. NFL Referees have already made this determination but we can make them look like donkeys in post season once again.
Good things:
We are running great when not abandoned by, coach
We are passing really good out of the backfield, yes short routes
Brees isnt getting sacked much
The front line is doing good, hopefully someone can fill Peats shoes

Bad things:
Our secondary is lost, you've had 3 games to get it right??!!
Our defense front line is not getting good pressure through 3 games, yes some good moments with a big surprise in Trey H and Brown
Cam Jordon where are you buddy??
Our linebackers are NOT covering TE's at all geesh
Our blitzes suck they know were coming, just a couple good moments there
Back to the secondary, Lattimore where you be???
Stop holding in the secondary!!!
No deep ball!!!!

I do though think we are trending up. albeit a little slowly.

I'm actually not worried the offense they'll get their crap together. It's the defense that has regressed since being lights out with Teddy as QB.

Not resigning Bell is a huge mistake. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve seen him single handily cause a fumble (Cowboys, Bears, etc).

Our defense succeeding depends on when Davenport will start playing and will he be able to keep playing. Rankins also needs at least four games to shake off the rust from his recent surgery and then we’ll see how he ends up.

All hope is not lost, but this is such a disappointing start to the season. At least we beat TB, but man, these last two games have been deflating. The reason many thought we'd be so good and have an advantage over other teams is that we had very little turnover. We shouldn't look so sloppy. The defense went from looking like a top 12 unit to like a bottom 5 overnight. The offense should find its rhythm soon, but the defense is what worries me. We're only going to go as far as they take us, and right now they're taking us down.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom