Saints can win SB with Teddy... (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Listen , I know everyone is eager for Drew to get back under center. The main reason people think that is because they think he will make it so the Saints can (see "will) win the Super Bowl. But I'm looking at what's happening with the team and around the league and I tell ya, pretty confident that even if Brees was not able to return this year, I feel confident that the Saints are more than capable to win it all with Bridgwater. His calmness, smartness, ability to deliver when it matters (especially under pressure) is what it takes to get the trophy.

Anyhow, your thoughts?

Listen , I know everyone is eager for Drew to get back under center. The main reason people think that is because they think he will make it so the Saints can (see "will) win the Super Bowl. But I'm looking at what's happening with the team and around the league and I tell ya, pretty confident that even if Brees was not able to return this year, I feel confident that the Saints are more than capable to win it all with Bridgwater. His calmness, smartness, ability to deliver when it matters (especially under pressure) is what it takes to get the trophy.

Anyhow, your thoughts?

Is that you Teddy?

This thread is the perfect example of what drives us to write and post critical comments about Teddy.

"His calmness, smartness, ability to deliver when it matters (especially under pressure)"

Seriously?

Last edited:
He wasn't on fire yesterday...but he didn't put them in bad situations to lose. A win on the road in the NFL is big...and he has done it two times in a row without practicing with the ones since training camp. Payton has decided to play conservative most of the time. The problem with you all is that you not only want a win but Madden QB numbers. And if the later doesn't happen then the QB is trash and could never lead the Saints to a SB trophy. It's not all about the stats. It's a about getting the W...and as Zimmer said years ago..."Teddy just wins."

This discussion... man... It really doesn't matter. Teddy will be on the bench in a couple of games. Could we win a SB with him? Anything's possible, I suppose. We've won 4 games with him. It's not because of him being overly spectacular, but rather just playing very conservative and not turning the ball over. That's great, and it's worked because our defense has been lights out. However, I can't wait til Brees is back.

Is this a duplicate thread?

Anyhow, your thoughts?

If the Saints have to get into a shootout type game where they have to match another team score for score I think you will be brought back down to earth with a brutal reality!!

Absolutely not.

If he's having trouble putting up 13 points against a middling Jacksonville defense (yes they are middling), then how is he going to win 3 games against some very good to elite teams?

And you can't win 13-10 games 3 games in a row in high pressure situations. Just won't happen.

He wasn't on fire yesterday...but he didn't put them in bad situations to lose. A win on the road in the NFL is big...and he has done it two times in a row without practicing with the ones since training camp. Payton has decided to play conservative most of the time. The problem with you all is that you not only want a win but Madden QB numbers. And if the later doesn't happen then the QB is trash and could never lead the Saints to a SB trophy. It's not all about the stats. It's a about getting the W...and as Zimmer said years ago..."Teddy just wins."
I think if yesterday ended up a 23-6 victory, we'd all be applauding him a lot more today. That first half was brutal to watch getting to midfield and beyond time and time again with nothing to show for it. Even that second half drive where he missed a wide open touchdown to Thomas having to settle for a FG. That was such a simple pass, I have no idea what he thought was happening on that play but he was clearly confused.

Now we see Dallas has an inept defense in reality, which tells me the plays were there to be had and we should have beat the brakes off that team.

We are extremely fortunate to be 4-0 in this stretch. I don’t know how much longer we can get by like this. Hopefully we can get through another game or two unscathed.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom