Saints can win SB with Teddy... (1 Viewer)

I think if yesterday ended up a 23-6 victory, we'd all be applauding him a lot more today. That first half was brutal to watch getting to midfield and beyond time and time again with nothing to show for it. Even that second half drive where he missed a wide open touchdown to Thomas having to settle for a FG. That was such a simple pass, I have no idea what he thought was happening on that play but he was clearly confused.

Now we see Dallas has an inept defense in reality, which tells me the plays were there to be had and we should have beat the brakes off that team.

I’ll add in it’s almost impossible to lose a game where you scored both defensive and special teams touchdowns. We came close in Seattle.

Jared Cook’s inspector gadget catch saved us in Jacksonville.

Last edited:
We shall see...

Well you must be seeing something that very few other people are seeing because it looks to me that the Saints are winning because of the 10th ranked defense in the NFL and not because of the 20th ranked offense.

I have to say that Teddy isn't doing anything stupid to cost the Saints games but he's misfiring and leaving WAY too many opportunities for points on the field. He missed on at least half a dozen throws yesterday that Brees would have likely not missed on. He missed two wide open receivers on what would have been a walk in touchdown.

We're lucky to have Bridgewater right now but that game yesterday shouldn't have been as close as the score indicated it was.

If the Saints have to get into a shootout type game where they have to match another team score for score I think you will be brought back down to earth with a brutal reality!!
That's a BIG IF tho. Playoff games are usually a slugfest and low scoring because defense wins championships.

His calmness, smartness, ability to deliver when it matters (especially under pressure) is what it takes to get the trophy.

Anyhow, your thoughts?

031c110c38fc5de401036eb4d00b10b7.gif

Listen , I know everyone is eager for Drew to get back under center. The main reason people think that is because they think he will make it so the Saints can (see "will) win the Super Bowl. But I'm looking at what's happening with the team and around the league and I tell ya, pretty confident that even if Brees was not able to return this year, I feel confident that the Saints are more than capable to win it all with Bridgwater. His calmness, smartness, ability to deliver when it matters (especially under pressure) is what it takes to get the trophy.

Anyhow, your thoughts?

NO!
Not the way TB is currently playing...

These same people would **** their pants clamoring for Brees to return the very minute Teddy loses a game, which hopefully doesn't happen.

We didn't come close to losing in Seattle. We were up 33-14 with 5 minutes left in the 4th. The Seahawks got it to 33-27 only because the defense willingly conceded short passes in the middle of the field b/c of the score/time on the clock (the TD to make it 33-27 came with 0 seconds left), a strategy I totally understand considering the big play meltdown the D had late vs. HOU 2 weeks earlier.

And while I agree Cook made a great catch vs JAX and has improved dramatically in the past couple of weeks, if you're going to use a great Cook catch as a demerit against Teddy, then you need to cut Teddy slack vs. SEA when Cook was still dropping passes right and left (including one that would've been a 3rd down conversion in Seattle territory in the 2nd half).

I’ll add in it’s almost impossible to lose a game where you scored both defensive and special teams touchdowns. We came close in Seattle.

Jared Cook’s inspector gadget catch saved us in Jacksonville.

Last edited:
Is it possible we could win a Super Bowl with Teddy? Yes, but it raises the degree of difficulty for our defense significantly. Trent Dilfer, Mark Rypien, Jim McMahon, Jeff Hostetler, and Brad Johnson all led teams to Super Bowl wins. Even someone like Terry Bradshaw, who would make the Hall of Fame, QBd the Steelers to a Super Bowl win in 1974...even though he was so bad at one point that year that the Steelers benched him for Joe Gilliam. All of the above QBs played with great defenses. Our defense is starting to play great, but I wouldn't place them at the level of the 85 Bears or 00 Ravens or the Steel Curtain yet. So I would answer the OP's post as "possible, yes. likely, no."

But at the end of the day, it's a moot point b/c Brees is probably coming back vs. AZ or ATL. Teddy's done his job as a game manager and deserves credit for mostly avoiding critical turnovers. And even though JAX was his worst game (he definitely missed some passes he should've made), he outplayed several other starters last week (Rosen, Goff, Mariota, Keenum, Dalton, Jones, Flacco, Winston).

Last edited:
Lmao, it seems like everyone is now coming to terms and understanding that Teddy doesn’t lose or win you games (except the Bucs game where he did put on a clinic, but even in that game, he made some awful inaccurate throws that could’ve been for a TD-Ex: To Cook in the end zone).

I’ve digressed. I got slaughtered on this board for being too critical of Teddy and for stating that he wasn’t the savior of our season because in majority of the games that we’ve won, it was either due to defense, special teams, Kamara, or a combination of those (Dallas, Seattle, Jacksonville). Was called a Teddy Hater after that.

He is good enough to win us games because there is a super bowl talent roster built around him. However, nothing jumps out to me about Teddy’s performance where I don’t think Taysom Hill couldn’t have done either.

Never once in any of the games that we’ve played in with Teddy under Center did I ever have a moment where I stopped to think, “Look at Teddy. I guarantee that Taysom Hill couldn’t have made that play.” People will call me a hater for that, but it’s my opinion.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom