Saints cancelling broker owned season tickets (1 Viewer)

saintsfan777

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
The Saints sent out a Select-A-Seat email this morning for the opportunity to add or relocate your seats and the email included this interesting little piece of information.

Screenshot_20200414-042405_Yahoo Mail.jpg
I am so happy that they are finally taking action on this huge problem.

Except that this has to be total bull. No way in hades they cancelled anybody’s tickets with this virus uncertainty. If they have plenty of tickets available, they are trying to put a positive spin on it. A lot of people have been effected financially by this virus and I would be shocked if they didn’t have a lot of non-renewals. I hate it for folks suffering right now. But at least be honest about it.

Not questioning the OP. I got the same email and it said the same thing. Maybe I’ll get new seat mates this year.

If true it’s an odd year to do it. Just when people don’t have the money for tickets....and after another price increase.

I’m leaning on the side of they had a lot of people who didn’t renew this year. Maybe some are brokers who don’t want to put their money up when there may not be a season and if there is less people will be traveling.

I hope this will allow me to upgrade my location. The steps are starting to be rough on my dad’s knees.

A lot of people cancelled when the re-signed Drew to another contract. Let’s face it y’all, we have a lot of bandwagon fans in this state too unfortunately. People started complaining about Drew’s arm after that Atlanta home game. A lot of fans have zero confidence in him going past a first round playoff appearance now

A lot of people cancelled when the re-signed Drew to another contract. Let’s face it y’all, we have a lot of bandwagon fans in this state too unfortunately. People started complaining about Drew’s arm after that Atlanta home game. A lot of fans have zero confidence in him going past a first round playoff appearance now

One thing I’m sure of...if people canceled it’s not because Drew Brees is playing.

Except that this has to be total bull. No way in hades they cancelled anybody’s tickets with this virus uncertainty. If they have plenty of tickets available, they are trying to put a positive spin on it. A lot of people have been effected financially by this virus and I would be shocked if they didn’t have a lot of non-renewals. I hate it for folks suffering right now. But at least be honest about it.

Not questioning the OP. I got the same email and it said the same thing. Maybe I’ll get new seat mates this year.

New Orleans was shut down for months after Katrina and they still sold out the Dome...and that was before anyone knew how good Brees/Payton would be....

I imagine the brokers are holding back on putting deposits down on tickets due to the uncertainty of the season. I think fans are more likely to “buy in” and put deposits down because their goal is to go to the games.

Brokers goal is to be able to turn the tickets into profit. The concern I assume isn’t that there won’t be games — more that there will be less demand for tickets due to corona concerns - even if the games are opened back up.

So this is actually an opportunity for the brokers to be phased out in large numbers because if there’s the possibility for a low return on investment, they may stay away.

I’m a 20+ year season ticket holder and I missed the first payment deadline due to financial concerns related to Corona and my job — but the ticket office called me and assured me they would not release any tickets unless I wanted them to. Wonder if the ticket brokers just said, “yeah, we’re out” - and that’s not a bad thing.

This is quite possibly the worst take I’ve ever read on this site.

The Saints sent out a Select-A-Seat email this morning for the opportunity to add or relocate your seats and the email included this interesting little piece of information.

Screenshot_20200414-042405_Yahoo Mail.jpg
I am so happy that they are finally taking action on this huge problem.
I received it also and will be looking to see what’s available.

It's true to distrust any big business. This action "if true" is year's late and thousands of dollars short. However I'm hoping that the organization is actually doing this for the fans.

New Orleans was shut down for months after Katrina and they still sold out the Dome...and that was before anyone knew how good Brees/Payton would be....

The tickets were something like $15 a seat. My same tickets are now $74. My group was getting stressed financially before the Chinese virus.

And that is SO different. They had not sold out of season tickets ever during the 40 years prior to 06. It was a huge show of pride and a spirit of renewal that led to that and it was a wonderful thing. The virus doesn’t really have that “us against the world” feel. Maybe I’m wrong , but I think this virus shutdown leads many to question spending thousands on football tickets.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom