Saints cancelling broker owned season tickets (1 Viewer)

All those plaza seats JT posted are what we need fans to purchase and use if we don’t want large numbers of opposing team’s fans in them.
The problem has been that once they added the Plaza Club, those tickets are just too expensive. Those may be the hardest tickets in the Dome to sell.

The problem has been that once they added the Plaza Club, those tickets are just too expensive. Those may be the hardest tickets in the Dome to sell.

And that's been my point. They've raised prices too high for the average fan. But this is the time for all of the people complaining about tickets for sale, saying get rid of the brokers and sell the tickets to real fans...this is the time to put up....but they won't.

Here is the scoop, just logged in. More tickets than I expected, but the vast majority are expensive and in the Plaza.

Very few Terrace seats available:
86 seats total.

Loge:
46 seats total:
(One sweet set of 3 or 2 seats in Section 312 on the fifty, for $3127 each....yikes!)

Plaza: (fairly high numbers again this year)
1,554 seats total (nothing in any Row 1's but seats in almost every section available)
many $2200 and $2300 seats available on sidelines near end-zone.
Sections: 111, 112, 116, 117, 139, 140, 144, 145 (Total of 613 seats in these 8 sections.)
That just proves my point, this thing about cancelling broker tickets is bull. Brokers are not buying up the seats in the $300 section. They make their money marking up the cheaper tickets and as always, there are very few non-renewals in the non-club areas.

By the way, the so-called "Plaza Club" seats are not worth the up-charge. The club is nothing compared to the Loge and Bunker clubs and you have to crane your neck to see the jumbo tron. They'll get you in the door as a new season ticket holder, but there is a reason there are so many non-renewals in those sections.

I was in the 11 AM time slot and was able to get two pretty nice seats in the lower terrace corner (section 619, row 17) for some family members. $770 apiece. Worth it to me.

As far as "broker seats", there is some odd availability in some five, six and seven consecutive seats in the plaza sideline. Now, if you have somehow built up a family block of seats in those areas, wouldn't you be laying off just one or two if you really didn't want that many seats? Or do you sell five games to brokers and just use them for three? Or do you use two for eight games and just sell off the other five every home game? Maybe that does represent a bit of a broker problem, even though the seats might be in original season ticker holders' names.

I don't care if you want extra seats to sell off to pay for yours. I do care if you're selling them to visiting fans.

So much for clearing the brokers out. My entire row changes every week.
I agree. There are 2 seats on my row that I have not seen the original owners in at least 3 years and every season, I see the seats put on Ticket Exchange immediately for the whole season at once. It is obvious they have been selling every game (including playoffs) for years.

That just proves my point, this thing about cancelling broker tickets is bull. Brokers are not buying up the seats in the $300 section. They make their money marking up the cheaper tickets and as always, there are very few non-renewals in the non-club areas. .

I disagree. Terrace tickets are a dime a dozen. I don’t think they’re getting a huge markup. Visiting fans want to sit in the plaza. Close to the field. Where their team runs out. Behind their bench. Where they can get on TV.

These are the seats for sale. If Saints fans don't buy them, opposing fans will.

1586976030114.jpeg

49erssaintsfootballboot.jpg

images

I imagine the brokers are holding back on putting deposits down on tickets due to the uncertainty of the season. I think fans are more likely to “buy in” and put deposits down because their goal is to go to the games.

Brokers goal is to be able to turn the tickets into profit. The concern I assume isn’t that there won’t be games — more that there will be less demand for tickets due to corona concerns - even if the games are opened back up.

So this is actually an opportunity for the brokers to be phased out in large numbers because if there’s the possibility for a low return on investment, they may stay away.

I’m a 20+ year season ticket holder and I missed the first payment deadline due to financial concerns related to Corona and my job — but the ticket office called me and assured me they would not release any tickets unless I wanted them to. Wonder if the ticket brokers just said, “yeah, we’re out” - and that’s not a bad thing.

They've been on this path for awhile and this is the opportunity to do it. The amount of tickets being sold on the secondary market was appalling and now it's getting fixed.

Kudos to the Saints and wth was that nonsense about Brees ? Wow.

That just proves my point, this thing about cancelling broker tickets is bull. Brokers are not buying up the seats in the $300 section. They make their money marking up the cheaper tickets and as always, there are very few non-renewals in the non-club areas.

There is a difference between net profit versus profit margin.

What would you rather do - spend $300 to make a potential 40 to 50% profit, or spend $80 to make a potential 80 to 100% profit?

The latter option is more appealing to the everyday person because there is less risk involved, but clearly the first option is the better option, and the option broker companies are more apt to choose with a high demand item like a Saints ticket.

This applies to almost anything that involves second hand sales. The more expensive the item, the more of a premium people are willing to pay for it. The profit margin percentage is weakened, but the profit itself is significantly greater.

What would you rather do - spend $300 to make a potential 40 to 50% profit, or spend $80 to make a potential 80 to 100% profit?

The latter option is more appealing to the everyday person because there is less risk involved, but clearly the first option is the better option, and the option broker companies are more apt to choose with a high demand item like a Saints ticket.

This applies to almost anything that involves second hand sales. The more expensive the item, the more of a premium people are willing to pay for it. The profit margin percentage is weakened, but the profit itself is significantly greater.
Except the $300 seats are mostly corporate. Very few get sold unless nobody at the office wants them. Most of the $100 tickets are individuals who might be happy to make $200 on a game or two.

They need to setup an enhanced lottery system that reflects social distancing.

I figure every 1 out of 12 seats could still be filled. Essentially 1 out of 6 per row and skipping a row in between.

The Saints sent out a Select-A-Seat email this morning for the opportunity to add or relocate your seats and the email included this interesting little piece of information.

Screenshot_20200414-042405_Yahoo Mail.jpg
I am so happy that they are finally taking action on this huge problem.
About time!

I've had expensive tickets for years and there's almost never any profit in selling them. Very few times can you make any money on $300 tickets.

If you have loge corner or plaza, yes. Club - no. Not often. And for every game you could make a buck there are 5 others where you won't.

I, for one, am glad to see this. I can't stand the number of out of town fans in our dome.

They need to setup an enhanced lottery system that reflects social distancing.

I figure every 1 out of 12 seats could still be filled. Essentially 1 out of 6 per row and skipping a row in between.

Good luck keeping everyone in their own seats. Good luck keeping that guy in the top row of the terrace with only 6,000 people in the Superdome. Now you have to employ security, concessions, ticket takers, cleaning staff, etc for only 6,000 tickets? You’d probably be better off with no fans. Which is where it sounds like we’re heading.

My appointment was at Noon. There is a ton of lower bowl/plaza availability. Several large groups of tickets all in a row.
I was looking to add in my section but there isn’t much available where I want to be.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom