Saints CB Keenan Lewis says injured reserve list is not in his plans (1 Viewer)

mvtrucking

Administrator
Administrator
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Joined
Feb 1, 2004
Messages
23,837
Reaction score
490
Location
Monroe, La
Offline


Full Story – Nola.Com


Keenan Lewis came off the physically unable to perform list for just one practice before sitting out the last week. And he thinks the setback is for the best.

"Actually, I look at it as a blessing," the New Orleans Saints cornerback told NOLA.com on Friday evening in a phone interview. "It could've been much worse if I would've went out there the next day. So, I'm glad that I went out there, tested it out, figured out what I needed to be fixed, took the right protocol and went and got hooked up with the right people to help me fix it."

Lewis, 30, has his salary fully guaranteed for 2016, a total of $6.35 million including workout and restructure bonuses that already have been paid, so it's hard to imagine the Saints parting ways with him this year. He's under contract for 2017, too, and said his goal is to play 10 seasons before retiring -- 2016 is his eighth.

By Josh Katzenstein / Times-Picayune

Full Story – Nola.Com
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)



New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom