Saints center Max Unger providing security, comfort for Drew Brees the past 4 seasons (1 Viewer)

• Admin
1544336936109.png
(Photo by Michael DeMocker, NOLA.com | The Times-Picayune)

By Josh Katzenstein, NOLA.com | The Times-Picayune

To see how much New Orleans Saints quarterback Drew Brees appreciates center Max Unger, go back and watch the play when Brees broke the NFL’s career passing yardage record in Week 5.

After the play, a 62-yard touchdown, the first person to congratulate Brees was left tackle Terron Armstead, who wrapped Brees in a hug. Then, tight ends Benjamin Watson and Josh Hill as well as right guard Larry Warford joined in on a group hug. From there, about 20 Saints players surrounded Brees and jumped for joy.

Unger wasn’t in that group. Instead, Unger was down the field, trying to separate wide receiver Michael Thomas from Washington cornerback Josh Norman as the two were jawing after the play.

“I turn around and everybody is celebrating, and I was like, ‘Oh crap, I forgot,’” Unger said.

Before Brees returned to the sideline to hand the record-setting ball to Pro Football Hall of Fame president David Baker, the quarterback ran downfield to embrace his center, and Unger said he was glad Brees made a point to celebrate with him. ...

Full Story - NOLA.com

Andrus Whitewing

Andrus Whitewing

Admin

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom