Saints Cloud @ 62 (1 Viewer)

I really like seeing these types of posts. It is fun to look at who might be there at #62.

I honestly believe the Saints will keep pick #62, but will also trade their #1 next year for a second round pick this year.

Most likely would be either:
Pick #48 from Miami would probably cost us a late round 2019 pick also.
Pick #55 from Houston straight up for our 2020 first round pick.

If they could pick up two "starters" in the second round this year, that would be huge.
IMHO, I think there is no way they trade next year's 1 for anyone. The heir to a HOF qb is not on this roster. It seems to me that Sean will make his move next year with that 1. We have backups who might do the job for a few game stretch. But the next Brees they aren't.

IMHO, I think there is no way they trade next year's 1 for anyone. The heir to a HOF qb is not on this roster. It seems to me that Sean will make his move next year with that 1. We have backups who might do the job for a few game stretch. But the next Brees they aren't.
Unless they draft Will Grier.

OL or WR. Value meets need. There will be a run on WR early tonight, but the most highly rated players at 62 will be receivers and offensive linemen. The West Virginia QB will likely still be on the board.

The Saints cloud at #62 will only consist of 3-4 players.

Those are the only outside guys that I view as worth the pick.

We have a speed guy in Davenport. We need a power guy as a rotation end.

The problem that I have with Gaurds is that outside players can slide inside but inside players rarely can slide outside.

Versatility.

Davenport is a speed and power guy. Watching his tape, hes got future hall of Famer written all over him.

Now that's steep to say that right now, I know that. I cant help but feel that way when I see him using all his physical tools to the best of his ability, his menatal processing while diagnosing run plays, and the pure aggression he has when rushing the passer.

Also you can tell while watching the tape he has improved so much from college to the NFL in just 1 year. His technique is sounds better and he has added a lot more pass rush moves in his arsenal.

That speaks volumes to the kind of player hes going to be.

I've said this a million times.

Everyone in the NFL is athletic grant it some more then others, but it's all about what's in between your ears. Are you COACHABLE? That's what makes the difference between a spot starter and a Hall of Fame caliber player.

In saying that I do agree with you in saying we need another pass rusher.

I just used this as an excuse to talk about my man crush on Marcus Davenport! Lol

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom