Saints Coach Sean Payton on the offensive line: 'I just think it's critical to everything you're trying to accomplish' (1 Viewer)

• Admin
NewOrleansSaints.com

New Orleans Saints Head Coach Sean Payton - Post-Practice Media Availability - Tuesday, November 27, 2018

You’ve spent a lot of resources on the offensive line the past couple of years. I don't know if there's any relation, but did the Cowboys sort of set a blueprint with the way their line developed?
“That blueprint, I think has existed for a long time. I was taught as a young coach in this league that that position group permeates throughout your locker room and your team. You draft to it, you sign to it, and we've been fortunate over the years to have some really good offensive lines. I just think it's critical to everything you're trying to accomplish.”

How has Byron Jones looked for them at corner?
“Good. He’s long. He has done really well. He is having a good year. He is real comfortable in the press technique. The scheme really fits his skill set. He is instinctive. He has good ball skills. I think he’s playing real well.”

One of the things that a lot of the players talk about is how position coaches accept feedback from them and kind of take that stuff into consideration. How important is that just as a coaching staff to have that dialogue?
“Relative to just what we're doing?” ...

Full Story - NewOrleansSaints.com

Andrus Whitewing

Andrus Whitewing

Admin

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom