Saints coaches leading drills at LSU Pro Day with DL, LB, DB, and WR prospects (1 Viewer)

BJ’s only a pound under 250, some sites lists him right at 250. He can add some muscle, but doesn’t have to gain too much weight and become a big plodder as a pass rushing DE. Davenport had all the weight and size, but disappeared all last season because he couldn’t move. DL coach Grantham has success with quick 250lb DEs in his defense, Allen did too when he was in Oakland. BJ’s total pressures was near Will Anderson’s last season so I don’t think it’s size than it is technique.
Like it or not Saints philosophy has been to draft & even reach for guys a couple inches taller & 15-20 pounds heavier to hold up vs. the run.
Saints draft BJ they'll probably try to convert him to LB which is not his best utilization.
I wouldn't mind at all if Saints amend their DE philosophy though.

Like it or not Saints philosophy has been to draft & even reach for guys a couple inches taller & 15-20 pounds heavier to hold up vs. the run.
Saints draft BJ they'll probably try to convert him to LB which is not his best utilization.
I wouldn't mind at all if Saints amend their DE philosophy though.
Under Payton, we’ve targeted heavy slow DEs for the run. Our new coaches on defense Grantham and Woods utilized slimmer quick DEs when they were DCs in college and pro, which makes Ojulari a good fit.
BJ isn’t known to have pass coverage skills enough to play 4-3 LB often. He could be a designated pass rusher as a blitzing LB like Elliss was.

DA might be looking for the next Khalil Mack who he drafted while in Oakland. Ojulari comps to Mack for height, weight, arm length and hand size. Did Ojulari run the 40 and other agility drills at the pro day? Just looking to see how he comps there as well.

He only did the 3 cone L drill at the Pro Day since he’s healing a re-aggravated hammy. Draft Buzz has his 40 time as 4.59, which was faster than Mack’s. But NFL.com’s combine profile shows as if he didn’t run it at the combine.

DB51BF06-9004-4DF9-9B93-EF35A41D9E73.jpeg

He only did the 3 cone L drill at the Pro Day since he’s healing a re-aggravated hammy. Draft Buzz has his 40 time as 4.59, which was faster than Mack’s. But NFL.com’s combine profile shows as if he didn’t run it at the combine.

DB51BF06-9004-4DF9-9B93-EF35A41D9E73.jpeg

83" Wingspan for a 74" tall guy, he has some reach.

is this something new, i cant recall seeing such a high contingent of Saints coaches @ LSU? Regardless of what people say regarding the Saints' lack of drafting LSU players, it always seemed like there was a disconnect between them. Regardless, if true or not, its about time and awesome that the new regime is embracing LSU.
We should look into it, I’ve always thought Sean had something against LSU players. Sure he would sign them after they been in the league, but I’ve always thought he was scared of “young local kids remaining home around the same crowd”

We should look into it, I’ve always thought Sean had something against LSU players. Sure he would sign them after they been in the league, but I’ve always thought he was scared of “young local kids remaining home around the same crowd”
Funny you mention this, I was thinking how heads would explode if Payton started to draft LSU players like he used to draft OSU players. 🤯

There could be something to your statement bc the vaccum is obvious. But that would only apply to kids with sketchy LA connections.. I dunno.

The SAINTS will NOT draft a LSU player. They will trade this years #1 and 2 and next years #1 and 2 to move up to #10 and draft a unknown player that NO ONE has EVER heard of with a history of injuries with 1.5 sacks in his college career>

OR, from the suggestions from this VERY website they should-

-Trade EVERY DRAFT PICK FROM THIS YEARS DRAFT and the #1 for next 10 years to move up to #1 overall to take the Tulane RB Spears- SIMPLY because he played at Tulane.......... jeez

The SAINTS will NOT draft a LSU player. They will trade this years #1 and 2 and next years #1 and 2 to move up to #10 and draft a unknown player that NO ONE has EVER heard of with a history of injuries with 1.5 sacks in his college career>

OR, from the suggestions from this VERY website they should-

-Trade EVERY DRAFT PICK FROM THIS YEARS DRAFT and the #1 for next 10 years to move up to #1 overall to take the Tulane RB Spears- SIMPLY because he played at Tulane.......... jeez
*likely several times before this post was made*

dos-xx-beer.gif

• 1Like
Reactions: RJS

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom