Saints Coaching Staff (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Read a Mike Triplett article today on ESPN about Dan Campbell and how he would make a great head coaching candidate (again). This got me thinking about our coaching personnel and how lucky we are to have former head coaches like him and Dennis Allen on the staff. That kind of experience has to be a huge benefit to Coach Payton, but I feel like it says even more that they have stuck around and not tried to jump on a head coaching job elsewhere yet.

Given our team success the past couple of years, what are the odds we can keep the coaching staff together for years to come?

Also out of curiousity--are coaches bound by contracts like players, or are they free to leave for other jobs whenever they like?

You can't imagine any of them accepting one of the only 32 NFL head coaching positions in the world?

The Saints were a losing team when Sean Payton came here. Most coaches don't get hired to winners. And most of them come from a winning situation. You don't see people poaching the Browns coaching tree to fill the Patriots vacancies.

These guys will probably get another shot, and if they have the itch they'll take it. Nothing wrong with that.

The job Ryan Nielsen has done with the D-line is as big a change as going from Billy Joe Hobart to Drew Brees.

:gosaints:

Well, one exists and the other doesn't, so... ;)

Remember the Ditka years? Oh, brother have we come a LONG way.

I hope we don't lose anyone to any of the vacancies. I just can't imagine those guys leaving a winning team to coach a team destined for failure for the next 3 years.

Oh, it'll happen. Especially if we win the Super Bowl. Nolan and Neilsen will definitely get looks for coordinator vacancies. Campbell and Carmichael will be candidates for a few of the head coach openings -- Dennis Allen might even get a head coach look (though less likely since the trend seems to be still moving towards offensive coaches to HC).

It'll happen.

I really love our coach mix. But, with such improvement comes envy. Others want this style and success and will investigate the best way to achieve what we have this year. I don't think we can expect to go un-pilfered, but realize that there are other successful programs happening now as well. We ain't alone, but we are at the top!!!

Mike Nolan was one of the top DC in the league until he went to SF to become their head coach. I think he was the Ravens DC when they won their last SB. Totally surprised he is not a DC.

If I had to put money on it Aaron Glenn will be the first coach on our staff hired away for a DC position. The guy has been great.
I will agree to this. If the secondary continue to improve, I expect him to be a coordinator somewhere. I know Payton encouraged this, even though he would hate to lose him but rather for him to move up. He deserve it.

You can't imagine any of them accepting one of the only 32 NFL head coaching positions in the world?

The Saints were a losing team when Sean Payton came here. Most coaches don't get hired to winners. And most of them come from a winning situation. You don't see people poaching the Browns coaching tree to fill the Patriots vacancies.

These guys will probably get another shot, and if they have the itch they'll take it. Nothing wrong with that.

Bellicheck is from the Browns coaching tree and is the Patriots Coach so everyone after him is too.

FYI.

The job Ryan Nielsen has done with the D-line is as big a change as going from Billy Joe Hobart to Drew Brees.

:gosaints:

Coach Nielsen is a stud in his own right. I haven't seen a front 7 this good in New Orleans since maybe the Norman Hand days. He's a great coach.

Bellicheck is from the Browns coaching tree and is the Patriots Coach so everyone after him is too.

FYI.

In what way is Belichick from the Browns coaching tree? He cut his chops as a Giant under Ray Perkins and Bill Parcels. I mean he was a fired head coach of the Browns, that doesn't make him from the Browns "coaching tree."

I guess I don't see your point. I am just saying expecting our assistant coaches to stay with the Saints because we are a "good" team and any team hiring them would be a "bad" team is silly. Coaches are always hired from successful teams to take over less successful teams. Not a lot of successful teams are looking for new head coaches right?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom