Saints convert TQS contract (1 Viewer)

James Washington is a former 2nd round draft pick who has been rumoured to be looking for a trade. He was the best WR in college football one year. Unfortunately for him he is caught behind Juju, Johnson and Claypool. I think he would be a serious upgrade at the position and has impressed any time I have seen him.
Not happening but I’d be happy. We need WR help in the worst way.

We desperately need to do something at TE, and if not that, a WR with some pedigree. Emmanuel sanders would’ve been nice to have right about now.
You aint kidding was just about to post about Sanders before i saw that. From what i saw the 6 million dollar savings isnt worth it. I cant figure why NO didn't spend a good draft pick on WR. The loss of Sanders wasnt going to replace itself.

We desperately need to do something at TE, and if not that, a WR with some pedigree. Emmanuel sanders would’ve been nice to have right about now.
This season our TEs have 7 catches for 2 touchdowns through two games.

Last season our TEs had 9 catches for 1 touchdown through two games

Our TE’s aren’t the issue as much as the WR group and bad offensive line play in week 2

The TE position hasn't really been featured yet. The season is still young and the offense has yet to catch it's stride.

Seriously!

I do like the 4 void years. If the guy can't stay on the field to help we eventually have to let him go. He's not helping us every year spending half his seasons hurt.

you do realize he’s not under contract for 4 more years right? We just took some of this years salary and spread it over then next four years. He’s still a free agent next year. And he counts against our cap.

You aint kidding was just about to post about Sanders before i saw that. From what i saw the 6 million dollar savings isnt worth it. I cant figure why NO didn't spend a good draft pick on WR. The loss of Sanders wasnt going to replace itself.
Callaway was supposed to replace Sanders. Problem is no one is replacing Michael Thomas at the moment.

Callaway was supposed to replace Sanders. Problem is no one is replacing Michael Thomas at the moment.
I thought TQS was supposed to, more or less, "replace" Manny? Wasn't there talk of his straightline speed in college and utilizing that by opening up his route tree with Winston's big arm? Injury discussion aside of course.

And the $20 million a year receiver who played 1 game last year and is missing half this season.

Just a reminder that this contract is hurting us too.

We need Mike on the field.
While the point is noted and I agree, he played in 7 games last year all while hurt.
His only real shortcoming is that he didn't get surgery quick enough this year, but none of us have knowledge of what was said between the two parties.

Truth be told, he probably should have been shut down last year and had surgery, but he was trying to help the team by being on the field....

We have freed up a ton of cap space.
Wonder if they are going to try and extend some people, make a trade or simply take the cap savings into next season when we'll need it.
If they were creating cap room to extend existing players it would most likely be for guys on rookie contracts. Extending vets often creates initial cap room itself, no?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom