Article Saints Cornerback Shares Why He Loves Playing For Dennis Allen (1 Viewer)

A lot different take on how players view Allen compared to how some fans view him.
Well, Alontae Taylor has been given the shot of a life time in his 1st yr and he has made the most of it.

DA has also been given the shot of a life time.

A very weak NFC conference, in an even worse division. And the 2nd weakest schedule for the season.

A rebuilding, Brady less Tampa Bay.
Atlanta w/ an inexperienced QB, and an untested DL.
Panthers defense is good, but Andy or Young are not going to make up for the short comings of the rest of that sad team.
Loomis and Ireland did their part, w/ FA, Draft. DA got his QB and coaches. What more could DA ask for? If DA can't win the NFC south division and make the playoffs with this team. It begs the question, will he ever?

I will keep an open mind, but 9 wins is the bottom.

I've always known the players will play for him. Just have to look at the defense for that. I do think he takes time to get everything in motion. It may not even be this year. I have more faith in him to do his job than PC who I really think is the key to our success, or failure, this season. Hopefully Pete owns that job and kills it.

Im excited to be moving away from the we’re only one or two players away to the soft rebuild and opportunity to develop younger talent. This team has some sleepers waiting to become stars.
Yep.

One of the best offseasons we’ve had in years! Thru vet FA alone, we added depth, addressed needs, n even upgraded a few positions. And we continued to address many of those same needs in da draft as well.

That said, IMO, losing Kaden was significant. He played well for us last year. But even then, LB was one of the thinnest groups on the team. So not only is it a lil thinner now, but the Saints have yet to address the void created by Kaden’s departure. They may do so eventually, but for now, seems they’re staying “in house” with the group they have.

So to your point, do the Saints have a couple of young “sleepers” in LB room? 🤔

Guess we’ll have to wait n see

Yep.

One of the best offseasons we’ve had in years! Thru vet FA alone, we added depth, addressed needs, n even upgraded a few positions. And we continued to address many of those same needs in da draft as well.

That said, IMO, losing Kaden was significant. He played well for us last year. But even then, LB was one of the thinnest groups on the team. So not only is it a lil thinner now, but the Saints have yet to address the void created by Kaden’s departure. They may do so eventually, but for now, seems they’re staying “in house” with the group they have.

I read D’Marco Jackson was turning heads filling in for Demario Davis in OTA’s. Ran with 1st team defense. Outside of this news it’s been sparce and I suspect our cap room is for the D Line and linebacker group.

If they're smart, they'll finally turn Zack Baun loose and let him cook. Dude was a good edge linebacker in college and they've tried to make him do anything but.

If they're smart, they'll finally turn Zack Baun loose and let him cook. Dude was a good edge linebacker in college and they've tried to make him do anything but.
The defensive structure doesn't call for an overhang 'edge linebacker' in the vast majority of defensive snaps. That's why the Saints DEs have to fit a physical prototype, as they're called on to define the edge most plays.

Baun is undersized for the edge in the NFL. He feasted against smaller/lesser athletes in college. I'd suggest that's largely why he was available in the third round, as most teams wouldn't have assessed him as an effective NFL edge defender.

The defensive structure doesn't call for an overhang 'edge linebacker' in the vast majority of defensive snaps. That's why the Saints DEs have to fit a physical prototype, as they're called on to define the edge most plays.

Baun is undersized for the edge in the NFL. He feasted against smaller/lesser athletes in college. I'd suggest that's largely why he was available in the third round, as most teams wouldn't have assessed him as an effective NFL edge defender.
What role did they have Kaden Elliss play last season? They had him as an extra pass rusher. Stop acting like it's a foreign concept to the defense.

A lot different take on how players view Allen compared to how some fans view him.
Allen is a DC, n a very good one too! But no doubt, he struggled in his first season as HC. However alot of the issues were on the O side of the ball. But I think the organization did an excellent job in addressing lotsa those issues, esp from a personnel standpoint.

So it’s now up to Allen n esp Pete Carmichael to put it all together on O!

We’ll see

Yep.

The Saints left no stone unturned addressing all the other positions, so I have to believe they feel a lot better about the LB room than the fans do.

What role did they have Kaden Elliss play last season? They had him as an extra pass rusher. Stop acting like it's a foreign concept to the defense.
Do you know for certain that Ellis was rushing from an edge alignment? Honest question.

To be fair, you may have meant pass rushing from elsewhere in the defensive alignment, but I read your post as meaning 'let Baun be in an edge/overhang alignment and pass rush from there'.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom