Saints currently in line for a 3rd round comp pick in 2021 (1 Viewer)

But the round is based on previous performance or contract amount? Does performance in 2020 become the biggest factor, or the players performance before signing the contract?
It's the contract amount per year. The real change for this year is that things like workout bonuses, playing incentives, and escalators now count as part of the average value. Before, those things didn't count, and a few of the teams who played the comp game structured contracts to their advantage.

Once we pay a lot of money for Jenkins and perhaps other free agents, the value of this comp pick will drop, right?
Negative in regards to Jenkins--as he was cut.
As far as others, maybe...but very few big names that would hurt in the formula available yet.

Mu biggest question is Malcolm Jenkins. Does he count ( with the new CBA ) against us? Kind of hoping for a 3rd and two 6ths at this point. Has anyone really interpreted the new rules? Thanks in advance.....lol

Mu biggest question is Malcolm Jenkins. Does he count ( with the new CBA ) against us? Kind of hoping for a 3rd and two 6ths at this point. Has anyone really interpreted the new rules? Thanks in advance.....lol
Everything I have read shows he does NOT count towards this formula--his option was declined making him a cut and thusly not a FA signing towards this formula.

Everything I have read shows he does NOT count towards this formula--his option was declined making him a cut and thusly not a FA signing towards this formula.
I have read takes from both sides.... still looking for clarity. I hope you're right.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom