Saints cut CB Cortland Finnegan (merged) (1 Viewer)

Not sure what the big deal is, I wasnt expecting him to make it on the final 53.

And even if he did, I wasn't expecting him to log a lot of snaps.

Most are just incensed about the idea of what's going on rather than how it'll affect the team on the field.

All the roster moves, combined with the bad preseason, and missing out on Josh Sitton.

The fandom's morale is quite low at the moment. Paul Kruger's signing has quickly become an afterthought.

Not sure what the big deal is, I wasnt expecting him to make it on the final 53.

He didn't play bad during the preseason and he brings experience to the table. It made sense to keep him and play his as the 3rd corner.

The Saints literally cannot afford a full 53 man squad without playing cut/re-sign games with the kicker and rolling the dice on 4 CBs.

Our front office has earned every bit of crap they're getting.

Doubt its affording that is promoting this - we have had issues with kickers for years I can understand the rational there

CF is probably going to be on and off the roster throughout the season based on how the young DBs play and health

Also with Evans now visiting he will get the same treatment unless he signs with contract terms he gets the full contract

Appears Saints aren't wanting to pay full contracts to several older veterans that they don't see as huge contributors every week and the flexibility to add other vets during the season

Though not sure if this is common practice by other teams I could see it aggravating vet players but if it's their only chance to play

I don't understand what's happening

Surely they don't seriously expect to start a season with 4 cornerbacks on the roster, 3 of them having never played in a regular NFL season game

Oakland must be licking their chops

I don't understand what's happening

Surely they don't seriously expect to start a season with 4 cornerbacks on the roster, 3 of them having never played in a regular NFL season game

Oakland must be licking their chops

Vaccaro and Vonn Bell can cover slot WRs to be sure.

I'm just not sure we want them to.

Since the Saints just signed Sterling Moore, does that indicate Finnegan will not be return?

Since the Saints just signed Sterling Moore, does that indicate Finnegan will not be return?

Not necessarily, injuries , performance etc , not sure if SM contract will be guaranteed all year if he is on roster week 1 , he could just be a 1 week replacement for CF

2We have a bunch of safeties and they all will see the field. We just need to hope Breaux and PJ stays healthy.

I do think they'll bring Finnegan back tho after week 1 unless he signs somewhere else.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">He was on a veteran minimum deal, so this probably has nothing to do with money. <a href="https://t.co/bas4J4KDEK">https://t.co/bas4J4KDEK</a></p>&mdash; Josh Katzenstein (@jkatzenstein) <a href="https://twitter.com/jkatzenstein/status/773297403088646144">September 6, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I agree with Josh. It can't be about money. Maybe the Saints just liked what they seen out of Moore, and Finnegan became expendable.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom