Saints cut Jared Cook and Josh Hill (1 Viewer)

The Saints will definitely have to bring in some depth at the position. A name to consider might be Dan Arnold. He was a project that Sean was developing, and played fairly well after leaving, in spots, with the Cardinals. I just saw that he was a free agent and is now 26 years old. Considering he's a guy familiar with the organization and playbook, he might be a decent #2 at a reasonable price.

The cuts make sense, I'm not a bit surprised. Payton likes his TE's. I think he will grab one in FA, maybe 1 in the draft, and take 1 in UDFA.

He had his moments but he was far from great. He is only great when compared to Coby Fleener.

He had 1200+ yards and 16 TDs over his two seasons here. That's very good production for a TE. Probably top 10 without even looking it up. He was nowhere near as bad as Fleener on that front.

Putting the ball on the ground is why he's gone.

Hill can come back as far as i am concerned. He is a great blocker and good for catching a few passes. He is a good number 2 TE.

Cook.....man the frustration to watch this guy. He clearly has all the ability to be a game breaking player but just seems absent-minded. He took forever to get the playbook as I recall. He will make 3 or 4 amazing plays showcasing his athletic ability then do some stupid stuff like pop up an easy catch for an interception or fumble.

That Cook fumble against Tampa was painful.

99% of Saints fans knew he was about to get the ball chopped out immediately.

Josh Hill underappreciation play of the year... Take another look at the Kamara 52 yd swing pass TD reception vs. the Packers this year and focus on no. 89 (sorry, not familiar with linking. It's easy to find though).

Awesome play by Kamara and major props to McCoy leading the way, but it's Hill that makes the final block. The amazing part is that Hill lined up in the left slot and ran the misdirection at the snap. He then engaged a chip block to the outside right edge rusher that helped to give Brees the extra time for the dump off in the left flat. In the process, it drove him back inside the Saints' 35 yard line when Kamara was making the reception almost 10 yards ahead of him. No quit on the play, he re-emerged back onto the screen way downfield to make the last block at the 12 yard line and secure the TD. Just wow!
Yeah, they made a big deal of mccoy keeping up with ak but hill CAUGHT UP with and passed them both coming from way further back.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom