Saints cut K Kai Forbath (merged) (1 Viewer)

Kickers

Why do coaches act so surprised when kickers develope confidence issues? Good gosh why would a good kicker ever darken our door after watching this soap opera

What you are asking us to believe is that the same decision makes who have gone through 12 kickers including Hopkins in 10 seasons could look at this kicker who was 68% accurate in college and had limited work in preseason and think they saw enough to sign him on the spot, with no longer term body of work to directly observe.

If this is in fact how it went down, then it explains why we have gone through 12 kickers.

I'm not giving them the benefit of the doubt. They should've kept Barth and they didn't, and now it's too late for that. But the idea of bringing in someone who could potentially replace Forbath is intriguing to me. It's a scary gamble, but let's be honest, would any of us have felt any more comfortable with Forbath lining up to kick in week one?

There's just got to be more to this story. Why on earth would we invest so much time in a dueling kicker competition to hand the job to someone else after one practice? Are we in a sudden cap crunch because of an unannounced roster move?

Why do coaches act so surprised when kickers develope confidence issues? Good gosh why would a good kicker ever darken our door after watching this soap opera

Because there's only 32 spots in the NFL. And if you think you can afford to be picky because one or two coaches are too hard on you, then you'll be kicking in the AFL or Canada.

Ok, let's just throw the first game to save money. 👍👍

What you are asking us to believe is that the same decision makes who have gone through 12 kickers including Hopkins in 10 seasons could look at this kicker who was 68% accurate in college and had limited work in preseason and think they saw enough to sign him on the spot, with no longer term body of work to directly observe.

If this is in fact how it went down, then it explains why we have gone through 12 kickers.

I think you fingered it out. Indirectly anyway. They have been thru so many kickers and tried to evaluate them in so many different ways, and failed. Maybe they just decided to grab a random kicker out of thin air, and give it a go. Can the outcome really be much worse?

Maybe Cap Hell is a real thing after all.

More like cap perdition. I'm gonna need a Stepford Wife lobotomy to get through this season.

39070_gal.jpg

I think you fingered it out. Indirectly anyway. They have been thru so many kickers and tried to evaluate them in so many different ways, and failed. Maybe they just decided to grab a random kicker out of thin air, and give it a go. Can the outcome really be much worse?

I don't believe that word means what you think it means. Maybe it's just me.

Everyone is assuming that Forbath will be back next week since that's what's happening with Finnegan. But what if they think Lutz is an upgrade and have no intention of bringing Forbath back? We shall see. It would be nice to find a reliable young kicker for the long term.
And what happens to that plan when another kicker on another team goes down in practice and Forbath gets picked up by said team. Payton is left standing there with a ho- hum untested in the NFL kicker. And why, - save a pittance amount of money. There must be a better explanation.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom