Saints cut K Kai Forbath (merged) (1 Viewer)

Forbath > Barth only to cut him for some nobody who wasnt worth a crap in college is insanity.

Really trying to figure out how this makes sense, but.... nope, it's not coming to me.

Forbath and Barth both did pretty well in the preseason, then you cut both of them to make way for a rookie that wasn't great in college and was just cut by another team?

Maybe we plan on always going for 2 and going for it on 4th down rather than kick a FG? And Lutz is just here to do kickoffs?

So are the saints basically forfeiting week 1 with these moves?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

So are the saints basically forfeiting week 1 with these moves?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

you would think so by reading this site. i'm shocked by the moves too, but waiting til i hear what else is coming before i say theyre nuts

with that said, theres gotta be better kickers out there.

I wonder if it is only a week move, in order not to have to pay his yearly salary. We will see by next week.

you would think so, but that is a little strange for a kicker.

really the one position that requires strong confidence...

It would be weird to send the message "we're saving your few hundred thousand dollar veteran minimum contract right before the 1st game. you probably won't make that much of a difference, and we'll save money by bringing you back in 6 days. keep the leg fresh :9:"

I think a bigger move is coming, we're still one spot light on the 53 man roster by my count

What would Morten Andersen do?!? We need the Great Dane's magical wooden shoes to save us!!! That is the only way to stop this insanity.

well there it is.

wow. rustling some feathers up there in the FO. kinda like the idea.

but why even have a training campoffseason kicking battle (where both did well) to sign this nobody with zero experience
Such a waste of time.

Demoralizing is how it feels in the context of the kind of football we saw in preseason.

I feel bad for Forbath. The guy works hard all offseason to win a competition against a formidable opponent to get cut before week 1? That's just crazy.

Isn't Ross Martin still floating around? Weren't his college numbers better?

So we go the entire preseason with two kickers and neither one is on the team? I have got to hear this explanation.

Isn't Ross Martin still floating around? Weren't his college numbers better?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Saints going with rookie PK Wil Lutz?<br>2-3 PS<br>(12-19 last yr, 31-46 career GaSt)<br>Not Ross Martin 4-6 PS<br>(26-30 last yr, 78-93 career Duke)</p>&mdash; Jay Feely (@jayfeely) <a href="https://twitter.com/jayfeely/status/773262018216288256">September 6, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Jay Feely agrees

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom