Saints D Againts Wentz (1 Viewer)

According to NFL Nextgenstats, there are 17 QBs with a faster time-to-throw than Wentz. Of course Drew is #1, but here are some guys that we have already played this year that have a faster time-to-throw than Wentz (in order of faster time among those listed):

Eli Manning, Andy Dalton, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Kirk Cousins, and Matt Ryan.

The Eagles have a really good short pass game with about 83% of their passes being short passes - so our LBs will probably be getting a good workout.

Wentz can extend plays and survive what seems like a sure sack. Plenty of times he completes passes accurately despite getting his arm hit. I think that is the expectation rather than time between snaps and throws.

I would not expect Russel Wilson or Aaron Rodgers to have short throw times either for similar reasons. Unless this is literally the timing of the throwing motion. Then I have no idea.

Last edited:
Wentz is young, wasn't on the same page as his WRs in Dallas and I think will throw 2 interceptions today,

The reason why Goff did so well.. we werent as loud when he was in the huddle. Their plan was to call the play in the huddle and rush to the line to call the play as fast as possible.

Strategy.... defense gets no time to line up and quick strike for plays.
This is why Sean said he has heard the dome louder.

If we can penetrate the Rams huddle before the snap in the NFC championship.. they will become one dimensional quick and hope that gurley can sustain the drives.

Wentz can extend plays and survive what seems like a sure sack. Plenty of times where he completes passes accurately despite getting his arm hit. Ithink that is the expectation rather than time between snaps and throws.

I would not expect Russel Wilson or Aaron Rodgers to have short throw times either for similar reasons. Unless this is literally the timing of the throwing motion. Then I have no idea.

Yes. That was my point about Wentz not really being one of the quickest "getting the ball out" guys. As you pointed out, Wentz is more of an extend the play guy. Wilson and Rodgers are toward the bottom of the list - and Mahommes is there too. Rodgers and Wilson also have the #1 and #2 top career passer ratings(which does not account for sacks taken) but they take a sack on average about every 13 and 11 times they pass, respectively. What is surprising to me is that Goff is sandwiched between Rodgers and Wilson. I would have thought Goff was one of the faster time-to-throws guys.

Will this be a trap Game?

Are you suggesting that the white-hot Saints are going to overlook the defending Super Bowl Champions today and are, instead, looking forward to the Thursday night tilt against the Failcons? No Sir, this is not trap game for the Saints. Rest assured, Coach Payton will have the team focused on the Eagles.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom