Saints D-Line Coach Ed Orgeron Grills Dorsey...... (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Just came across this article thought it was interesting and some what funny.

It was a beautiful day to run in Baton Rouge.At LSU's Pro Day on Wednesday, Saints defensive line coach Ed Orgeron was one of five defensive line coaches from the NFL who personally worked defensive tackle Glenn Dorsey. Orgeron, who coached against Dorsey when he was the head coach of the Ole Miss Rebels, exacted a measure of revenge by putting a gassed but iron-willed Dorsey through a series of drills that left one of the draft's top prospects in need of a water break.Saints GM Mickey Loomis was also in attendance. Former Saints coach Jim Haslett, now defensive coordinator in St. Louis, was also in attendance. The Rams own the second overall pick.
Meanwhile, Saints representatives were also in place at the University of South Carolina, South Carolina State, and others. Various media reports have confirmed what is obvious: that the Saints are along with the rest of the NFL are scouring collegiate pro days for a final in-person workout.

Here's the link to some video, you can see Orgeron about half way through, Dorsey said that was probably the toughest part of the day.

LSU Pro Day in the books

If Haslett drafts Dorsey, I hope his legs turn to glass and he turns out to be Sullivan Jr.

Not that I dislike Dorsey in any way, shape, or form....I just dislike Haslett that much.

Then everyone wanders over to the practice field to get a peek at next year's class... :hihi:

I don't know about those 40 times, man. Those guys looked pretty fast to me. Of course no one can blame the surface after FB Steve Korte ran a 4.3/40.

If Haslett drafts Dorsey, I hope his legs turn to glass and he turns out to be Sullivan Jr.

Not that I dislike Dorsey in any way, shape, or form....I just dislike Haslett that much.

:angryrazz:

Don't wish bad upon anyone, especially someone who is that dedicated to what he does, and passionate about it. Dorsey is nothing but a class act. If Haslett drafts Dorsey I hope he goes on to make 14 consecutive pro-bowls on the way to the HOF.

Then everyone wanders over to the practice field to get a peek at next year's class... :hihi:

I don't know about those 40 times, man. Those guys looked pretty fast to me. Of course no one can blame the surface after FB Steve Korte ran a 4.3/40.

That is amazing how in the hell does a FB run a 4.39 40. SUPERMAN is playing football lol

:angryrazz:

Don't wish bad upon anyone, especially someone who is that dedicated to what he does, and passionate about it. Dorsey is nothing but a class act. If Haslett drafts Dorsey I hope he goes on to make 14 consecutive pro-bowls on the way to the HOF.

I like Dorsey, I think he's a great player. I just don't want Haslett to get any credit for taking part in the development of any great players. :rant:

I like Dorsey, I think he's a great player. I just don't want Haslett to get any credit for taking part in the development of any great players. :rant:

It doesn't matter. Look no matter who Dorsey goes to he will be a great player. NEVER EVER wish any sort of bad luck on someone who works so hard at what he does. I could care less if he goes to the Falcons bucs, panthers, or anybody. I hope he has a marvelous career and breaks many records. Thats a :nono:my friend.

It doesn't matter. Look no matter who Dorsey goes to he will be a great player. NEVER EVER wish any sort of bad luck on someone who works so hard at what he does. I could care less if he goes to the Falcons bucs, panthers, or anybody. I hope he has a marvelous career and breaks many records. Thats a :nono:my friend.

Tell that to everyone who disowned Joe Horn the minute he put on a Falclowns jersey...including all those who participated in the "T-shirt picture" thread....:idunno:

Tell that to everyone who disowned Joe Horn the minute he put on a Falclowns jersey...including all those who participated in the "T-shirt picture" thread....:idunno:

I never hated Joe Horn when he left. Look he had a wonderful career but if you expected him to take a pay cut i hope you didn't have too high of hopes. The NFL is a buisness for players coaches staff and GM's. If you were working at a place and loved it and your job, but somebody offered you better pay, I know you would take the other job. Joe did wonders for the city and team. He was one helluva guy. I met him and got his autograph. He was nice as could be. But players dont always stay with one team. It happens in every sport. Shaq went from the Magic to the Lakers to the Heat to the Suns. Everyone has to move on. but back to the point. I'm not trying to get on you. It's just that you shouldn't care who gets credit for turning dorsey or any other player who works really and truely hard at what he does.

this is football. if he puts on a division opponets jersey he should/will be hated by many of us saints fans. not all die hard saints fans are die hard lsu fans. i am an lsu fan, but not even close to the level of the saints. many people might see it the other way around. curse me as you will, but if he wears a division opponet jersey, or a rams for that matter...no chance i root for him

I know. From the clips I saw of Dorsey during his workout: the 40 and shuttle runs, he looked like he was off-balance, almost falling.

Anybody else get that feeling?

On the other hand, I heard Matt Damon.. errrrr.. Flynn looked great throwing the ball. And Hester pretty good catching it. ;)

this is football. if he puts on a division opponets jersey he should/will be hated by many of us saints fans. not all die hard saints fans are die hard lsu fans. i am an lsu fan, but not even close to the level of the saints. many people might see it the other way around. curse me as you will, but if he wears a division opponet jersey, or a rams for that matter...no chance i root for him

yeah, I could even like Forte from Fulane if he was on da Saints. ;)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom