saints' D ranks since apple was acquired (1 Viewer)

Apple has been "steady". He wins a few and loses a few, but gone are those mind boggling "WTH?" whiffs that Crawley and PJ (for 1/2 the falcons game) were blessing us with earlier in the year. We have a legit CB#2 now on the field opposite Lattimore.

I'm not even sure that Apple is playing "good", but he is NOT playing bad. We were all down on our entire defense early in the year, but the truth is... QB's were using Crawley (and PJ) as ATM's for the first few games. Need a 1st down? A touchdown? Just throw it to the #2 WR!!!

And though I'm not a film-study expert, I've watched enough of Rev's educational offerings to know that we've been doing some different things on the back-end since Eli joined the Boonk Gang. To my eye, Latt got his INT vs the Eagles playing what looked a lot like a free safety role.

I like the comment above about the "weakest link". We didn't just have a weakness at CB#2, we had a giant HOLE. Apple filled that hole and all of a sudden, our defense is actually pretty good.

Guess you could say he made a good apple-filling! (bad-dad-joke)

and keep in mind that was against Minnesota, Cincy, Eagles and Rams. They are playing better against better competition and Davenport only played in one of those games. If PROB would only come back healthy this season for depth we would be sick!

Another great move by our front office/scouts. A starting CB for a 4th round pick is simply an awesome pick up. He fits in with his college buddies and is improving the entire defensive scheme each week.
Go Saints
but but.... draft capital.... but but.... he was mean to the Giants.....but but his momma..... but but

I can't wait to share this with my husband. He keeps looking up the overall stats and telling me how many spots we keep jumping! He'll love these break out stats.

Last edited:
And it wasn't like we played some bad offenses during that stretch either. Hopefully he will just keep getting more comfortable.
Faced what... A top 5 offense and 2 top
10? Crazy

PJ Williams is also playing really well, hope they all continue to get even better

Did you see Crawley out their getting burned at the end of the game last week? Keep him on the bench.

Lol, so some people still want Crawley out there?

Last edited:
Saints Defense was already coming around before the trade, Apple was good addition though...cant deny that.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom