Saints D secondary looking scary good (1 Viewer)

I’ve gotta scout the guy more but isn’t he only like 235? That’s kinda small and not sure he’s any good at coverage at all being mostly a pass rusher. Be back shortly after looking at his tape

Lol, you know what I just spent all this time watching his tape, and I forgot to look at his measurables.

Your right, hes about Demario Davis's size, I think hes a little taller, and maybe a little lighter. I do feel like his frame could hold 260.

He seems so much bigger on tape, but yeah my mistake.

I still like him though, and his skillset.

I love Murray as well, so I'm fine with either.

I think it's a good time right now for any young LB headed to NO.

I couldnt think of anyone better to sit under then Demario Davis. Especially for Murray

Dont forget about Zach Baun from Wisconson

Dudes a stud!

Hes that bigger LB that this team needs. Someone who can set the edge and blow things up.

Hes also pretty decent in coverage as well.

In this NFL, you have to be
Watched his tape in the USF and Illinois games so far. I just don’t see his production transferring to the pros. He looks average as far as speed, hardly ever goes into coverage, and while he’s got good acceleration around the corner I don’t see him as a dangerous pass rusher in the pros due to his size, average speed (for the pros), and lack of legit pass rush moves. Those long athletic tackles going to eat him alive at the next level. Might be worth a 3rd round pick

Secondary needs depth. Starters won't be enough. Unfortunately, we always have way to many injuries on defense. Got to 'hit' on the few draft picks we have.

Secondary is as talented as it's been the last couple years we switch out Bell for Jenkins and Apple/Crawley for Jenkins which I think will give some improvemebt in coverage as Janoris is a crafty CB who plays with a confidence condusive to how the Saints secondary likes to play and Malcolm Jenkins is a field general who is one of Payton's favorite players who can also play slot corner like Bell but has better length then there is CGJ who looks a J. Peppers clone able to play SS/FS and CB and probably made Bell expendable because of it.

I watched 4th down on four Sunday night and they showed a stat that said the Saints played 2 LBs on 74% of defensive snaps last year, and DD played 98% of all snaps. Between Thor and Alonzo (and Robinson if one gets injured) I think LB depth may be covered. Safety/DB is the position where depth is needed.

Hopefully, our older secondary don't get hit with a canceled l season.

I wonder sometimes of the defense is kind of soft because there is so much put into this offense. Like they feel like they don't have to try so hard or something psychological because when teddy played they kept the score low. Must be something to that. It looked like a regular team with ok offense and ok defense. Rather than wicked awesome offense and just oddly sloppy defense that just makes sure the other team doesn't outscore us.

I know it’s the time for optimism, but I don’t know that we really improved or downgraded the secondary. I think it’s mostly a wash, honestly. Hopefully Jenkins plays lights out, though.

Well, if we somehow can get another starting quality DE who can get to the QB with Cam and Davenport if healthy + LB that can get to a QB, then that improved pressure generated will translate to making the secondary look improved

Yah we’re one pass rusher and 1 more corner away. Please don’t bring pj back.

He’s a safety now? Even if so we have 3 good safeties and Hampton looked good before injured

He played safety last season when we were short handed and played the position much better than he does corner. It was only a couple games that he played heavy safety snaps, but for his price its a bargain if he’s the third or fourth safety.

Saints need depth at all these positions.
CB DE TE LB OT WR
Saints have hit the injury bug in all of these positions but none have left them hindered as much as DE and OT.

We had no pass rush when , Davenport and Jordan got injured.
We had no running game when Armstead and Peat where banged up and coming in and out of the games.
We had no TE threat when Cooks went down.
When Klein and kinko went down saints got burned by the run.
When Apple went down Saints defenese couldnt get off the field.
Saints have no Starting RB outside of Murray and Kamara.

Should be an exciting draft. They better hit on some of these 5 picks they have.
Saints are loaded at Safety though.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom