Match Up Saints D vs Seattle O Line - Sacks (1 Viewer)

In case you haven't been following Seattle's injuries, Ziggy Ansah is expected to play for the first time and Poona Ford is also expected to play so it's a toss up in my mind which team will garner the more sacks. I'm guessing that Seattle will.

6 sacks at home, 3 away. Seattle has a below after OL and Wilson does collect sacks. I’ll go with 4.

The Seahawks are weak from the LG to RT. Brown the left tackle is the best they have and he is average. Center and LG are the weakest. Wilson will not be able to stay in the pocket.

I am really super excited about seeing this D-Line in action. I think with 5+ legitimate pass rushers (hoping Rankins is back), we will have to ability to put some good pressure in the backfield. I also expect they will be creative, dropping Cam/Marcus back at various times to provide some unexpected short pass defense. Even when we do that, the others should be able to get into the backfield. If we can keep Wilson guessing, it could be a long night for the Seahawks offense.

The problem I have is that at times after we get a sack and put them in 2nd/3rd and long, we give up the big yards and let them convert.

Yep. Everyone knows you can always throw against the Saints. Our corners will just sit back and let you have the short first down or let you burn them long.

Sacks are great, but if they don't kill drives, then they really don't matter much.

I am really super excited about seeing this D-Line in action. I think with 5+ legitimate pass rushers (hoping Rankins is back), we will have to ability to put some good pressure in the backfield. I also expect they will be creative, dropping Cam/Marcus back at various times to provide some unexpected short pass defense. Even when we do that, the others should be able to get into the backfield. If we can keep Wilson guessing, it could be a long night for the Seahawks offense.
I agree that this looks like it could be a big game against the Seattle OL that could minimize the scoring opportunities for the Hawks. The elephant in the room today is how will the offense respond without Drew. Last week, as has been noted in other treads, the OL and entire offense seemed to be in shock and completely thrown off their game. This really is magnified by the unanticipated terrible play of the OL, which certainly did not help a very tentative Teddy B. My hope and frankly anticipation is that Coach Payton, with a week to prepare Teddy, et al, will scheme the offense so that we can score points and NOT merely FG's.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom