Saints DB's (1 Viewer)

iwitnesskr

Black and Gold toThe Bone
Reaction score
I've been slowly watching this, and maybe it stood out more because of Fred Thomas' absence,

But our DB's pretty much stink in run support. A lot of those big runs were due to missed tackles by the secondary. I wouldn't even say that our front 7 was totally at fault, for allowing PArker to have such a big day.

Fred Thomas is usually a solid open field tackler, but Craft and McKenzie are liabilities.

Anyone else notice this.

Or am I just making up excuses after a tough loss???

Last edited:
Every time a team drops back to pass i feel as though it will be completed unless the QB is under major pressure. Our run defense up the middle is solid,but the outside run defense is slow and pass coverage is bad. We need to blitz much more and take chances to get pressure and help the DB's. When they sit back in coverage it's like target practice. They are generally successful Blitzing.

I've been slowly watching this, and maybe it stood out more because of Fred Thomas' absence,

But our DB's pretty much stink in run support. A lot of those big runs were due to missed tackles by the secondary. I wouldn't even say that our front 7 was totally at fault, for allowing PArker to have such a big day.

Fred Thomas is usually a solid open field tackler, but Craft and McKenzie are liabilities.

Anyone else notice this.

Actually I always thought McKenzie was a pretty good tackler this year, I think that's a fair assesement though, obviously they made a lot of mistakes back there today, I definitely saw some missed tackles, no doubt about that........I think our skill level couldn't matchup with those guy(not our DL) also...

Agreed Hardhead, I thought McKenzie was doing a good job in run support this year. The liability is with his containment not his tackling.

Definitely he got beat around the few a couple times, he's veteran to, I guess vets have bad game as well.....I kept wondering if Harper would've been back there if it would've been any different....

yes, our secondary is absolutely embarrassing and the bengals are going to torch them if the DL doesn't help them by getting some pressure on carson. the only good thing about this coming weekend is that we should be able to outscore them at home, because their secondary can't cover anyone either.

i have a pretty good feeling that we'll be drafting a new secondary and some better pass covering LBs next year.

We are a couple cornerbacks away from a serious Super Bowl-contending team right now in my mind. A little beefing up of the O-Line and LBing core wouldn't hurt, but both of those units have played good enough for most of this year. Cornerbacks are the only real weakness on this team to me.

We are a couple cornerbacks away from a serious Super Bowl-contending team right now in my mind. A little beefing up of the O-Line and LBing core wouldn't hurt, but both of those units have played good enough for most of this year. Cornerbacks are the only real weakness on this team to me.

I agree our LB's have been holding down pretty well all year(we should draft a stud MLB, a guy I like is Maulingua from SC) , but we need immediate corner help, matter of fact we've needed help for many years, I still remember Randy Moss and the Vikings torching the hell out of us in the playoffs.....

I think the OL has played very well, I mean they've given up what 9 sacks so far, that's pretty good....

the o-line is really young and they're only going to get better. i see no reason to worry about them.

We need to sign Nate Clements. Mike McKenzie is a good #2 corner in the NFL

We need to sign Nate Clements. Mike McKenzie is a good #2 corner in the NFL

That would turn the corners from terrible to solid in a hurry. The Predator can play the #2 receivers well and Clements can be a shutdown corner. Excellent idea Nevimeister!

Mckenzie has been doing a good job in run support BUT he did allow parker the corner on one of his big runs and yes i was ****** off. We played a hell of a game tho, not counting those 3 turnovers

Bellamy needs to be the SS and Clark needs to be the MLB. The loss of Harper REALLY hurt the defense.

Anyone else notice this.

WHAT?!!! McKenzie was one of the only guys playing out there...

The loss of Harper has set our DB's way back. He was great against the run and the pass.
Deloatch was terrible yesterday! He blew a bunch of plays!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom