Saints defense breaks top 10 (1 Viewer)

kfran

TwoDat! Let's Do It Again
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
After the Minny/GB last night, the Saints are now ranked at #9 in total D, giving up an average of 295 net YPG. The bigger number, of course, is we're allowing Dome Patrol type numbers on points scored = 16.5 ppg.

Our next opponent, the Giants, are the top ranked D, allowing 232 YPG, but they're also allowing 16 PPG.

The weakness of the Giants D has been their run defense where they're ranked #19th, giving up 117 ypg on the ground. This is significant because they're giving up these kinds of rushing numbers having played the likes of Tampa, Wash, & KC... Dallas also gashed them for 250+ yds on the ground.

Their passing D appears to stellar, allowing 115 ypg (that's huge), and they're scoring an average of 26 pts per game.

Definitely a good match up in 2 weeks, but I love it!

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categoryst...OTAL_YARDS_GAME_AVG&d-447263-o=1&d-447263-n=1

Good post. The only thing that I would say is that the Giants pass defense has gone up against Washington, Dallas, K.C. and Tampa, who rank in passing offense 15th, 13th, 29th and 24th, respectively.

Last edited:
After the Minny/GB last night, the Saints are now ranked at #9 in total D, giving up an average of 295 net YPG. The bigger number, of course, is we're allowing Dome Patrol type numbers on points scored = 16.5 ppg.

Our next opponent, the Giants, are the top ranked D, allowing 232 YPG, but they're also allowing 16 PPG.

The weakness of the Giants D has been their run defense where they're ranked #19th, giving up 117 ypg on the ground. This is significant because they're giving up these kinds of rushing numbers having played the likes of Tampa, Wash, & KC... Dallas also gashed them for 250+ yds on the ground.

Their passing D appears to stellar, allowing 115 ypg (that's huge), and they're scoring an average of 26 pts per game.

Definitely a good match up in 2 weeks, but I love it!

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categoryst...OTAL_YARDS_GAME_AVG&d-447263-o=1&d-447263-n=1
Thanks, you need an award in your showcase.:9:

Last edited:
We're also #2 in rushing offense, #1 in interceptions, and #1 in forced turnovers.

Good post. The only thing that I would say is that the Giants pass defense has gone up against Washington, Dallas, K.C. and Tampa, who rank in passing offense 15th, 13th, 29th and 24th, respectively.

And after the Raiders, expect it to go up again.

If their run defense is really this bad, if we have Mike Bell back in two weeks, it could be huge. Imagine having PT slash through their defense for a few plays, then taking him out for a breather and putting in Bell to pound the ball down their throats for a few more plays. Throw in Reggie here and there for a change of pace. Drew won't even have to throw!

I'll take our WRs against Corey Webster any day. They have a great DL so we'll have to keep that in mind when passing also.

Didn't they have a couple of DTs hurt to start the season? I think they might be getting them back for our game. But again, we have a much better running game than they've seen so far, so it might not matter.

How is the Giants' secondary? I'm pretty sure they're not as good as the Jets', but just how close are they? Will Brees be able to carve them up or not?

How is the Giants' secondary? I'm pretty sure they're not as good as the Jets', but just how close are they? Will Brees be able to carve them up or not?

They've been solid, of course against lesser competition (KC, Tampa, Wash - teams that aren't exactly known for having a prolific passing game)... But they did what a good pass defense should do against those type of teams - They shut them down.

That said, Drew should do well against them because they're going to have to respect our running game. As previously said, they haven't been that stellar against the run.

I can't wait to see a good dose of Mike Bell and Pierre Thomas against New York. I hope the Saints run the ball 40 times in that game.

"Saints 4 life, please don't paste media that plays automatically"
My bad, just my way of showing our Saints some love.

I deleted the post, no biggie.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom