Saints defense prevents 100 yard rusher yet again (1 Viewer)

Our defense was decent they ran the ball almost 40 times to 3.2 yards a carry gave up less than 300 total yards . Secondary had problems front 7 was solid not dominant , Jordan disappeared . However DEFENSE IS NOT THE PROBLEM ! It’s Drew

Our defense was decent they ran the ball almost 40 times to 3.2 yards a carry gave up less than 300 total yards . Secondary had problems front 7 was solid not dominant , Jordan disappeared . However DEFENSE IS NOT THE PROBLEM ! It’s Drew

Secondary had problems? Yeah, that’s an understatement. Our run defense was actually pretty ok though.

Secondary had problems? Yeah, that’s an understatement. Our run defense was actually pretty ok though.
It’s not the players more so the scheme and the positions the players are put in

Simply put you don’t let Waller run wild , That’s Stupid the answer to that would’ve been to line up a player on him at the line on EVERY SINGLE SNAP with Williams or Jenkins over the top it’s simple .

I had him on my fantasy team and started him knowing ALLEN would be Allen . Jenkins and Lattimore PI calls questionable / bone headed decisions . We’ll be fine Allen has to improve as a play caller this D is too talented

I was done 50 points not thinking I would win and look what AK and Waller did for me

Attachments

• 512C3ADE-2A45-4CBC-855B-5996F93AF1DB.png
    512C3ADE-2A45-4CBC-855B-5996F93AF1DB.png
    885.8 KB · Views: 3
Jacobs actually ran for 103 yards... on his positive rushing plays. but the saints had 5 TFLs against him for 15 yds so he ended up with 88.

I KNEW running against the Saints would be tough sledding, but we committed to it, to the tune of 30 atts for 110+ yds.

the Saints need to clean up some stuff and GET THOMAS BACK. you'll be fine. you'll win your division.

Jacobs actually ran for 103 yards... on his positive rushing plays. but the saints had 5 TFLs against him for 15 yds so he ended up with 88.

I KNEW running against the Saints would be tough sledding, but we committed to it, to the tune of 30 atts for 110+ yds.

the Saints need to clean up some stuff and GET THOMAS BACK. you'll be fine. you'll win your division.

Jacobs actually didn't run for 103 yards.

Just looked up to see what the record is.. I think it may be 54 games, based on this article from 2014..

I'm not sure exactly what we are at, maybe 43-44?

So that’s what, a 45 game streak we have? The record is 53. Would be a cool record to break this season. And yes, I am serious, even after a tough loss. That means the d-line is doing it’s job.

True, but the Raiders tried to run a lot and only averaged 3.3 yards/carry. Rush D wasn’t the issue, not covering a 5 yard pass on 3rd down 12 times in a row. Now that is........

The interior of our D-line were monsters against the run. Jacobs will establish himself as a Top 5 RB this year. He can take any play to the house and plays with power. Malcolm Brown was in the Raiders backfield all nite and he jammed Jacobs a bunch. Roach made a bunch of really nice run stops. And the few times I saw Rankins, he seemed respectable.

Gruden is going to make defenses pick their poison. Stack the box to stop Jacobs and they will kill most teams with Waller. Those 2 are both game-breakers.

Edit: So if Aaron Jones runs for 200 yards next week, will that count? These threads often jinx our streaks - lol

He was their main weapon against the Panthers it was clear as day that we sold out to stop the run and game planned to stop him. The quick throws on the run under pressure is just something Carr started picking up and picking up well. Give the other team credit sometimes. They get paid too.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom